Monday, April 9, 2012

An Eventful Visit

My parents left this afternoon, and I'm so sad.  I'm always so sad when they leave.  I just hate that we don't live closer.  I love watching them with the girls.  Monroe thinks that they hung the moon and I couldn't get over how much Kiki enjoyed them both.  Usually she's a momma's girl, but she was very content being with her Nana and Papa.  

If you are friends with me on facebook, you probably already know about the crazy happenings of their visit.  On Friday night, Mom started having chest pains/pressure that traveled down her arm and up her neck.  Not one to complain, she tried to sleep, but the pressure got more and more intense and she finally woke my dad up to tell him about it.  He was concerned and around midnight, they headed to the Emergency Room.  Once there, they gave Mom nitroglycerin and it caused the pressure to go away, so the doctors were convinced that she was having/had a heart attack.  They put her in the ICU where she stayed throughout the night.  Her EKG kept showing some strange things and they were worried.   They put her through every test known to man.  Her enzymes came back showing that she didn't in fact have a heart attack, which was a relief, but her EKG still was not normal.  They continued doing different tests on her throughout the day, and finally concluded that she had a cardiac episode and as soon as she got home to Tulsa, she needed to see a cardiologist.  By Saturday afternoon, she was feeling good and was well enough to be discharged.  We were so glad to have her home!  It was such an answer to prayers.  We were so overwhelmed by all of the people sending up prayers for her and us.  It was definitely an eventful day, but it all turned out okay.  She will really need to take it easy for awhile and keep her stress level down, but it all could have been so much worse.  

While we were all so worried about her, Mom was a true grandmother and was the most worried about missing seeing the girls in their Easter dresses!!!  She cracks me up!  Mark took the girls to Sabbath School/Church while I stayed at the hospital with Dad, but before they left, I took some pictures.  I just love how they turned out.  I love my girls.  Mom did end up getting to see them though, because they were able to come visit her in ICU.  

We had a wonderful visit otherwise.  It's always fun with them.  They loved the Biltmore and really enjoyed downtown Hendersonville.  We took a few pictures, but not nearly enough.  Here are a few of my favorites.     

We found out this weekend that my Grandpa Carlile is not doing well.  He was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia.  They aren't giving him much time.  I know...the hits just keep on coming.  I'm so sad.  I haven't been able to see him in so long.  Please keep him in your prayers.  

It hit me this afternoon that I'm supposed to host book club at my house on Wednesday and panic set in hardcore.  I don't feel ready and the worst part...I haven't even read the book!  I'll be really busy tomorrow.  I need to go to Sam's and to the grocery store.  I need to clean.  I need to read the book.  We'll see what I get accomplished.  I might just curl up in bed and nap.  

No comments: