Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Home

Long time, no blog.  Sorry about that.  Time got away from me while I was in Oklahoma with my family.  It was so nice to be home but the reason I was there was hard.  My grandfather passed away
on Tuesday morning.  We knew it was coming, but it was so sad when it finally happened.  The memorial service was on Saturday afternoon.  It was wonderful seeing family that I haven't seen in years.  My brother did the service and he did a beautiful job.


My parents were a lot of help, but there's something about not having your other half around.  I have never been away from Mark that long and it was so hard.  I missed him like CRAZY.  The girls did, too.  Every night, Rosie cried for her daddy and let me tell you, that broke my heart.  Luckily, Mark was able to fly in on Saturday morning.  He was definitely a sight for sore eyes.  

My time in Oklahoma was pretty full.  We were driving here and there the whole time.  I did get the chance to see some of my dear friends, so that was a treat.  We also met Mom Murrill in Miami, Oklahoma, where her parents live.  It was great because she had Mason and Max with her for the 
week because Melissa has been sick.  Monroe got to reunite with her besties, so she was on cloud 
nine.  It was great to see them all.  

 Reunited!!!
 The cousins 
Just thought I would throw this one in.  

This trip definitely pointed out to me how different my two girls are.  Rosie was scared to death of everything and Kiki wanted to jump in head first.  Rosie ran screaming from every dog we encountered.  Kiki crawled squealing toward all of the dogs and scared them away.  It's hilarious 
to me that their personalities are so opposite.  It will be fun to see if they stay that way.  


Kiki made some major progress on the trip.  Besides growing a lot, she learned to pull up to 
standing.  It's her favorite trick right now and she does it everywhere.   Nap time will never be the same.  

Well, I better call it a night.  I'm feeling a little overwhelmed tonight.  Do you ever feel like
everything goes wrong at the same time?  I truly don't know if I can handle anymore bad news.  

No comments: