Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A-Okay

Can I just say, the Apple Cake was a huge success.  It was super duper simple and tasted so good.  You definitely need ice cream and some water to wash it down, but it was really tasty.  The recipe is here, if you are interested.



Dinner ended up being easy, too.  I made black bean soup in the crock pot.  I just covered the black beans with water in the morning and then around noon I added chopped onion, salt, and McKay's chicken seasoning.  Then about thirty minutes before I served it, I added a can of diced tomatoes and a can of diced potatoes.  Separately, I cooked some white rice, which I added to each of the bowls before pouring the soup in.  We garnished with cilantro, green onions, sour cream and grated cheese.  If you are vegan, you could always omit the sour cream and cheese and add fresh salsa or avocado.


We were out of the house during the morning when Monroe and I usually work on her letters and after naps in the afternoon we went for a walk and to the park, so we didn't get time to do it today.  Rosie was pretty bummed, but while I was making dinner, I looked over to find her doing this...

Look at all of those A's!  She loves to practice them.  What a big girl!  





No comments: