Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Cleaning Out My Closet

I had some bananas that I desperately needed to use today because they were on their last leg.  In fact, they were more like legless.  I have been wanting to make banana bread for awhile now.  Sometimes I just crave that stuff!  I was perusing Pinterest last night and came upon a banana bread recipe that caught my eye.  It included coconut and chocolate chips.  Can you really go wrong with either of those ingredients?  I really like the recipe I normally use, so I decided just to use mine and throw in a little of the extra ingredients.  Well, after trying it, I've decided that I'm a banana bread purist.  Don't get me wrong, the chocolate and coconut are good, but it's just not the same and if it ain't broke, why fix it.

Chocolatey Coco-nutty Banana Bread 

Kiki has been a bit under the weather last night and today, so we've just been hanging out here at home.     She becomes the cuddliest kid around when she isn't feeling well, so it's been hard to tear myself away from holding her on the couch.  During her nap, I did conquer a project that's been looming over my head since before Christmas...my craft closet.  Girls, it was OUT OF CONTROL.  I don't know how I let it get that bad!  I was having a very hard time getting excited about crafting because I couldn't find a thing in there.  I even bought new fabric scissors because I couldn't locate my others!  If that doesn't sound hoarder-esque, I don't know what does.  Anyway, I pulled everything out of the closet and started fresh.  I'm feeling a lot better about it.

Here are a few before shots...

Can you say EMBARRASSING! 


And after...

I can actually walk inside it now, although it's not perfect.   I'm hoping my next house will have a room that I could dedicate to my crafting!  Wouldn't that be a dream!

I was inspired tonight by my clean closet and ended up sewing a pillow and some chair covers for my kitchen table stools.  I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow.  I'm pretty beat after a long day of nursing a little girl back to health, so I better go.  Here's my banana bread recipe, if you are interested.  Enjoy:) 

.......................................................................................................................

Steph's Banana Bread

4 over-ripe bananas                          
1 cup sugar
1/3 Cup Melted Butter                      
1 egg beaten
1 tsp vanilla                                      
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt                                        
1 1/2 Cups flour
*optional (handful of chocolate chips and shredded coconut)

Preheat the oven to 350°F.  Mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix. Add the flour last. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve!  


...............................................................................................................................................

No comments: