Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Which Mental Issue?

Due to all the sickness lately, Valentine's Day came late for us this year.  We chose to celebrate last night.   We got a sitter and decided to have dinner and do a little shopping.  We ended up at our favorite Indian restaurant.  Well, the food is my favorite, but not so much the service.  The male waiters will never acknowledge that I'm alive.  They ask all questions to Mark, won't make any eye contact with me,  and they won't even listen when I ask for things.  It makes me feel a little bit belittled, but it's the food that keeps bringing me back.  Anyway, after our very favorite meal of mutter paneer and garlic naan, we headed to the mall, for some light shopping.  It was a lovely evening.

I'm feeling MUCH better these days.  The pneumonia symptoms are almost completely gone and all that remains is pleurisy.  It's a pretty painful ailment, but it seems to be lessening every day.  The doctor confirmed it today, but all I can do is take tylenol, unless I want him to prescribe a pretty powerful cough syrup that contains hydrocodone.  I decided against that, because the last thing I need right now is to get addicted to something.  Nope, I'm going to ride this one out.

Anyway, as I mentioned, I went to the doctor today.  It was for my yearly GYN appointment, which I learned today will now be every three years thanks to new medical recommendations (HOLLA!!!).  I have to say though, it was the best gynecological appointment I've ever had.  My doctor is sort of a friend, which I thought would be weird, but NOT AT ALL!  We spent much of the time chatting and laughing.  It was really a fun time and I never thought I would ever say that about an appointment where my legs are in stirrups.  There's a first for everything.

Something kind of funny happened while I was there.  After arriving at my appointment, the front desk lady called me up to ask a few questions.  The first thing she said was, "What is your mental issue?"  I must have looked surprised and immediately thought, "Is it THAT obvious?!"  Luckily, she restated the question before I started in on my long list of mental issues.  It turns out she had said, "What is your middle initial?"  Whew, it was a very close call!  I almost got to add a new embarrassing moment to my list of many!

No comments: