Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Taste of Summer

After pilates today, we came home and Rosie worked on her "B's".  In fact, she actually made a bee.  First, she painted her "B" Bee yellow and then I showed her how to paint black stripes on it.  She was completely uninterested in my explanation and decided to do her own thing.   It took everything in me not to try and get her to do stripes, but I bit my tongue and let her use her creativity.  I'm glad I did.




Rosie's Bee

While we were working on her bee project, we heard a really loud thump from upstairs and then some pretty intense crying.  I ran upstairs to find that Kiki had "jumped crib" again, but this time didn't go as smoothly.  She took a lamp and a few frames down with her when she jumped and her poor little eye took the brunt of it.  

It's hard to tell, but it's a black eye now:( 

Rosie and I decided to work on a Easter project today.  Earlier this week, I had put some "Springy decor" up on the mantel, but for some reason, I wasn't completely thrilled with it.  I guess I wanted it to be a little more Eastery, if that makes sense.  This was my first go...




Anyway, I went through my supplies and found stuff to make ribbon easter eggs.  I cut the ribbon and she glued it on the paper.   They turned out really cute.




One of our Ribbon Easter Egg pictures

Tomorrow, I'm going to work on the mantel and I'll try to post some pictures of the finished product.

I think the horribly cold weather has me really wishing for spring and summer.   If I can't make the weather warmer, I can at least make the tastes of summer, right?  Tonight, we had veggie burgers and corn on the cob.  It was really good and the girls really loved it.  





 I'll leave you with a few Throwback Thursday pictures...

This was at one of my showers when I was pregnant with Rosie.  It was thrown by my one of my dear friends, Tasha.  Two days later, Rosie entered the world! I look pretty uncomfortable, huh!

Monroe Mary-Jean joined our lives! 

She was so teeny and fragile!  I can't believe she's pushing 4-years-old now.  

No comments: