Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

So, like I mentioned in my last post, my parents arrived on Thursday evening.  They hadn't been here since before my dad's surgery.  A lot has happened since then, the biggest being, we moved!  We were so excited to show them our new house!  They were a huge support during the process and we loved being able to show them what all of the fuss was about:)  They seemed to really like it.  

Dad's ankle is doing so much better!  He still has some swelling and pain, but it's completely different than it was before the surgery.  What a relief!  We were able to do all kinds of fun things while they were here.  We did some shopping, drove through apple orchards, went on the BlueRidge Parkway, went to Greenville and Falls Park, and went to the Apple Festival and parade.  They even let Mark and I go on a little date on Saturday night!  (The date deserves it's own post)

We dropped them off at the airport yesterday afternoon and we are all still a little gloomy.  Can't wait for them to come back!  The girls are already asking when!  Here are a few pictures from the visit.  And when I say "a few," I mean a ton.  



The BlueRidge Mountains.  They are so breathtaking! 

What a treat to have Nana and Papa here! 

Nana and Rosie

Rosie did not trust this guy at first.  

But she slowly got more comfortable. 

And more comfortable.  

Really comfortable! 

Okay, now it's gotten out of hand! 

Nana and Papa loved Falls Park, too! 

Kiki and Papa are pretty tight!

So are Rosie and Nana! 

Big blue eyes! 

Yeah for Ice Cream! 

Peach!  Yummy!

Mark and I both still order the same thing!  When you find a winner, there's no need to branch out.  



Nana and her new birthday purse.

Doing a little wading.  

Swinging 


I love this guy! 

Family

Lookin' out at the outlook.  


The girls carrying their dolls.  They are big fans of them! 

Can you tell they like each other?

Well, I better get off here.  I'm pretty tired!  I also have a really nasty case of poison ivy, and I can assure you, it's NO FUN!  I can't stop itching and it can't stop spreading:(  Pray for me!

No comments: