Sunday, September 22, 2013

On A Boat

It's been too long, friends!  I hope all is well with you.  We've been busy.  This weekend was especially fun, because we were able to see some old friends.  On Friday evening, one of Mark's best friends from college, also named Mark, called to let us know that he had proposed to his girl friend and she said yes!  We already knew his girlfriend, Lindsey, from living in Florida, but we didn't know them as a couple.  We were so happy for them, and even happier when we learned that these Californians were actually at a lake house with Lindsey's family near Knoxville, Tennessee for the week.  That's only a few hours away, so we decided to make the trip to go see them.  

We had a blast.  I was a little nervous on how the girls would do on a boat, but it was love at first sight!  We were able to convince Kiki right away that tubing with daddy would be a fun idea, but Rosie was completely against it.  We asked her over and over if she had changed her mind, and she let us know, that she had definitely not.  That is until the last few minutes before we headed back to the dock.  All of a sudden she wanted to do it and we couldn't believe it!  Of course, Mark hopped right in with her and she was all smiles the whole time.  She would have kept going forever, but it started torrentially raining and we figured it was time to call it a day and we headed back to the house for hot chocolate.    

Kiki and Aunt Lindsey

Rosie and Daddy

Excited! 

Loving the boat!  "When are we going to go fast again, Mommy?"

Going fast

Loving the bumps!

Kiki and Daddy 

Look at them go! 

Rosie helped Uncle Mark drive the boat 

Kiki really enjoyed the wind in her face!  

Mark slaloming 

Mark and his skis 

Rosie and Daddy.  See him back there?   

Fun with their new friend, Valerie.  

Friends, after a day on the lake

The girls have talked about the boat all day today.  They can't wait for the next time.  On the way home from the lake, I started looking at the pictures I took on my phone and noticed a lot of pictures like this one...


Kiki, with her hair in her eyes.  

This wouldn't be a problem, if I could get her to keep a bow in her hair, but she just can't do it.  I got inspired to cut her some bangs, so tonight, after their bath, I did it.  Why, oh why don't I learn?!  This is NEVER a good idea...ever.  True to form, I ended up cutting them WAY too short.  I can hardly look at her without laughing and then cringing.  I really should NEVER CUT HAIR!!!!

She finally let me take her picture.  For the longest time, she kept her head under a pillow. 

Checking herself out.

Mark was a little taken back by her new look, but he helped me to realize that hair grows pretty quickly.  Hopefully, really, really quickly.

In other news, today was the first day of fall and we were more than ready to welcome it.  I know I've mentioned it on here before, but I LOVE FALL!  I mean, I really, really love everything about it.  The pumpkins, the changing leaves, the clothes, the drinks--perfection.  It was a little chilly tonight and to celebrate, I drank a big ole' cup of cider while curled up on the couch.  Yay:)

Our Fall Mantle 

The girls are still struggling with sleep, which means we all are struggling with sleep.  Nighttime is pretty rough, but we are working on it, and hopefully, getting closer to figuring it all out.  They may wear us out, but they are still pretty delightful.  Tonight, during dinner, Rosie looked at Mark and said, "Daddy, I really love you...like constantly."  While outside playing today, she noticed the fall wreaths I had put on the front doors.  She stuck her head inside and yelled, "Mom, your wreaths look great!" and went right back out to play.  Kiki then proceeded to stick her head in and yell, "Mommy, your doors are pretty!"  I love that they notice the little things.

No comments: