Sunday, August 5, 2012

A letter to my baby

To my dearest McKinley Joy,

Wow, what a year it has been! I remember the day I went into labor with you like it was yesterday.  To be honest, it started out a very bad day and I really didn't pay attention to the contractions I was having because I was just so wrapped up in that very bad day.  I didn't really start paying attention to those contractions until they were about 3 minutes apart.  Even then, I didn't think you were coming...I mean I was only 35 weeks!  I still had five weeks to prepare for you.  Well, you were ready and you weren't waiting for any due date.  


I know it sounds ridiculous, but I wondered how I would love another little girl as much as I already loved Rosie, but that fear was quickly put to rest, the moment I saw your sweet little face.  I fell hard.  You were no bigger than a minute, but I could already tell you had a huge personality.   

From the start, I've felt like you get me.  Our humors seem to be exactly the same.  Even at such a young age, you will catch my eye and just smile at me like we were both just privy to some hilarious inside joke.  I love it!

I love your smile, your big infectious laughter, your nothing's gonna stop me attitude.  You aren't scared of anything and, as scary as that is for me, it also makes me very proud.  I can't wait to see you grow up, although I want nothing more than to keep you as my little baby forever.  I can only imagine the crazy hilarious things that are going to come out of that mouth of yours as you start talking more.  I crack up at you all the time and you don't even talk!  Between you and your sis, I'm don't know if I'll ever stop laughing.

Now, I have to admit, you do keep me on my toes.  You are ALWAYS on the go.  I mean always!  Sometimes I wish you would just slow down for a few seconds!  I don't think I've ever been as tired in all my life, since you entered it, but you are so worth it.  I'm actually a little sad to think I won't be nursing you much longer.  That's really been a bonding time for us, and really the only time you are still.  Yes, I will miss those precious moments.  The only thing I wish I could change about you, is your need to put everything, no matter how disgusting in your mouth.  It's really gross, kid.  Really, really gross.

It makes me beyond happy the way you ADORE your sister.  You think she's the greatest.   It's so sweet to see you try and copy her.  I love to watch you roll around with her and kiss all over her.  The smile you get when she plays with you is priceless.  I pray that you will always be best friends.




Kiki, thank you for making my heart so full.  Thank you for being my second little sidekick.  Thank you for teaching me patience and making me smile even when I'm exhausted.

Happy First Birthday, little poot.  I love you more than you will ever know...always have, always will.

With love,

Momma  




No comments: