Thursday, August 2, 2012

Let's Leave Her

Sorry I've been absent from blogging this week, but the Olympics have pretty much trumped anything else in my life.  Truly, they've consumed me.  I LOVE THE OLYMPICS.  I've laughed, I've cried, I've yelled mean things at little Russian girls.  I'm really going to be so sad when they are over; our whole family will be.  Rosie and I have been practicing all kinds of gymnastics routines.  Tonight, we even put on a little floor show for Mark and he seemed pretty impressed, although he gave us half a point deduction for our artistic merit...everyone's a critic.

I finished my book club book this morning and I'm so sad.  It was the best book.  It's one of those books that you never want to end.  I enjoyed the author's writing style so much and I wish all of the characters were my friends.  The book is, "Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons" by Lorna Landvik.  Don't let the title fool ya.  It's a good one.  I'm definitely going to read more books she's written.

Our week has been really good.  On Tuesday we went to the Health Adventure and that evening I got my hair done.  I love getting my hair done.  On Wednesday, we went to the Church play group at the pool and last night we went out on a double date.  Tomorrow, I think we are going to go back to the pool.  I'm going to run to McFarlan's in the morning and get a few treats to share in celebration of Kiki's actual birthday.

I still can't believe my baby turns one tomorrow.  I'm noticing more and more that she's not a little baby anymore and it's pretty hard for me to accept...tear.  I guess it's time to try for baby number three...just kidding, Mark!  You can wipe that terrified look off of your face:)

Both my kiddos are growing up.  Rosie is just a riot!  Tonight, I had to run into a store, while Mark and the girls waited in the car.  I took a tiny bit longer than I had planned and this is the conversation that went on while I was gone.  When Mark showed me the video, I laughed so hard.  Every time I watch it, I laugh just as hard or harder.  I love how she's so defensive of me, all up until the park enters the equation...than, each man for himself.  Classic!



No comments: