Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Baby BLUE!!!!

Well, it's been a while since I've blogged.  It seems like I've been really busy, but I can't quite put my finger on what exactly we've done.

I did do some MAJOR overhauling on the girls' rooms and closets.  I have a hard time with organizing their clothes because they are constantly growing and the seasons are constantly changing and it's all just too much for me.  I never have felt like I can keep it all together, until now...hopefully.  I spent hours sorting and organizing and I'm feeling much more on top of things now.  I took some pics of their closets when I was finished.   I'll have to take pictures again in a few days and see how long it's lasted.

Rosie's almost completed closet...I still need to hang a shelf on the left. 

Kiki's almost completed closet.  I still need to buy some baskets to fit in those cubes.  

So we have found what I think is the most beautiful place in North Carolina...Chimney Rock.  It truly is the the most gorgeous area.  Be warned, if you come a visit us, we are taking you there.  The little town is so quaint, there are great inns and resorts right on the river and all of this is set beside the mountains.  The first time we went we fell in love.  We have the Nudd's to thank for introducing us to this paradise a few weeks ago.  We had so much fun playing in the river with the kiddos, although we did feel a little rednecky.  We embraced it, though.  Some of us, more than others...ahem...Brandon.  That guy becomes "River Man" as soon as he steps foot in the water.  His demeanor and even his voice changes.  It's hilarious (and a little scary) to watch.

Well, anyway, so Mark and River Man were sliding down the rocks and my man ended up losing his wedding ring somewhere in that raging river.  The only problem is that he didn't realize it until we got back to the car.  This past Saturday afternoon, we decided to make a trip back to the river to find that missing ring.  Yes, I know that it was a next to impossible endeavor, but I've heard too many children's stories where they find the missing keys, etc. in the middle of the haystack, etc.  I had high hopes.  Sadly, it didn't happen, but not for lack of trying.  Oh, well.  I haven't given up, though.  I'll be back.

Tonight we attended the gender reveal party for my little brother Stephen and sis-in-law, Michelle's little person via the internet.  What did we do before video chatting?!  It was so exciting!  I was on Team Blue and Mark and the girls were Team Pink.  They had taken the sealed envelope with the gender inside to our favorite bakery in Tulsa and had them bake the color of the gender inside.  This is what we saw when they cut the cake...


I just knew it!  We've been needing another boy in the family!  Can't wait to meet him!


Okay, it's that time again...time to go to sleep.     I had no idea how much more tired I would be since Kiki started walking.  That kid wears me out.  Here are a few pictures from the last few days.    



 My little walker.  She's getting pretty fast! 
We rented the movie, "Babies" from the library because I just love it and wanted to watch it again.  I decided to let Rosie watch it with me and she was glued to it.  One of the babies was crying and I couldn't help but get a picture of Rosie's reaction.  
They love playing these days. 
 I went to get Kiki out of her crib after nap and this is what I found.  This girl knows how to make an outfit pop.  
 We found a new favorite veggie to grill...Cabbage!  It sounds weird but it was so good.  Just add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  You really need to try it to believe it's amazingness. 
 Corn Sharing 
Team Pink getting ready for the gender results tonight. 
My new Keens.  I never would have thought I would own a pair of these shoes, but with all of the hiking and river stuff we do, they were a must.  I LOVE them.  They are so comfortable.  






No comments: