Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Me and my Guitar

So, I'm about to embark on a journey that is terrifying me.  The decision to do this has literally kept me up at nights.  I'm super nervous and am almost convinced I will fail miserably.  It has been a dream of mine for quite sometime and if I can succeed, it would really be an accomplishment.  You're going to think I'm nuts when I tell you, but here it goes...I'm starting guitar lessons.

I know, it doesn't sound like much, but to me it's super scary.  I really like to do things that I know I will do well at.  That's pretty much been my M.O. my whole life.  If there's a chance I won't get it, I don't even try.  

I spent YEARS taking piano as a kid, and for some reason, it just didn't take with me.  It was like my brain would just not work.  I mean, I can sit down and play stuff, but it's never come easy.  My little brother on the other hand picked it up and ran with it.  He's an amazing piano player...I mean really, really accomplished.  Our piano teacher also taught voice, and my lessons went from piano to voice and I never looked back.  I regret not being a good pianist all the time.  I really hope my girls are interested in it.

Although, I'm quite certain that my dream of being a folksy country singer sitting on a stool playing ballads on my guitar will not be realized, I'm hopeful my new dream of playing worship songs for my family, just might.  Fingers crossed!

No comments: