Saturday, October 27, 2012

Alumni Weekend

So, I need to backtrack a little.  I never got a chance to blog about the first few days we spent in Oklahoma, before we headed to KC.  We had been wanting to take this trip for quite some time, so when Mark was asked to speak for the Tulsa Adventist Academy Alumni weekend, we knew we had to do it.  It had been too long since we had been home for an extended amount of time.  We arrived in Tulsa on Friday afternoon.  The girls were beyond excited to see Nana and Papa and I think the feeling was pretty mutual.  Mark needed to finish up his sermon, so we just stuck at home that evening and Dad brought us in some vegeburgers and fries from Freddy's.  We love Freddy's.  I somehow got roped into doing the children's story for church at the last minute, so I worked on that, as well.  Stephen and Michelle came over and we just spent some quality family time.  It was wonderful.

On Saturday, we headed to church.  It was a little weird being back, but it was so nice to see everyone. Mark did an awesome job.  I was so proud of him!  I tried to discreetly take a picture of him while he was preaching and this was what I came up with.  Yes, I'm very talented:).


We visited my Mumsie in the afternoon and then went to the church bonfire/hayride.  It was something we always enjoyed when we lived in Tulsa, so it was fun to be back.  They added roasted corn on the cob this year, and that was a wonderful addition.  Kiki and Rosie devoured 1 1/2 ears each.  They also had root beer for the first time and you can consider them fans.   My friend Allison, made the drive up for the weekend, so that was a real treat.  My parents took the girls back home to put them to bed after the hayride so Mark, Allison, John (Allison's cousin and a former student), Stephen, Michelle and I went to our old favorite, IHOP, for waffles and wonderful conversation.  It felt good to laugh really hard.

 Mark took a few pics on his phone of Rosie trying root beer.  
Somehow, this kid got a hold of a bottle!  It was empty, except for a few drops, but she sure loved those drops.  


I brought my camera to take tons of pictures of all of our former students and I only got one picture with one of my old coworkers.  Typical me:(


I did steal one picture off of facebook that one of my students Paige posted from the hayride.  I just love that girl and couldn't be prouder of the young woman she's grown into.  



No comments: