Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Thrilled

Two bright spots from yesterday:

1)  We did Michael Jackson's Thriller in Zumba.  This has been a dream of mine, well,  ever since I saw the music video years ago.  Then, when those Filipino prisoners did it, it put the nail in the coffin.  I had to learn that dance and last night my dreams were realized.  

2) When at the grocery store last night,  I saw a little lady pushing one of those huge grocery carts with a car attached to the front for kids, only there weren't any kids in it.  She must have just really liked that cart.  I love funny old women.   

I don't know if I've mentioned it here yet, but we are headed to Oklahoma and Kansas City on Thursday for a few weeks.  Mark will be coming home for some of the time because he can't miss that much work, but the girls and I will be gone for quite a stretch of time.  I'm very excited.  A little overwhelmed, but still very excited.  That length of a trip requires quite a bit of planning and preparation, so I spent a lot of yesterday and today, cleaning, doing laundry, sorting baby clothes to take to Lila (we are making a stop in Memphis to visit our other half), and packing.  Hopefully, I can get it all together by Thursday!  

Mark texted yesterday afternoon and said that our friend Richard was in town and he was going to take the girls to eat dinner with him and Logan.  I had promised myself I would go back to Zumba, especially after missing last week because Mark was out of town.  So, as I mentioned earlier, I zumba-ed until my heiny almost fell off and then headed to the grocery store to pick a few things up.  Mark let me know that the guys were all coming over to watch a football game, so I thought I would make them a little treat.  

I got home and started to make Pumpkin Surprise until I realized I was missing two of the ingredients I thought I had just purchased at the grocery store.  Apparently, they didn't get put in my bag!  What a bummer.  I had to run back to the grocery store, but it was worth it, because later I was able to enjoy the dessert I have been craving for quite some time.  Thank you, Lori, for sharing your Pumpkin Surprise recipe so many years ago.  It's still a fall staple in our home and it was a big hit with the guys!   

Richard is such an amazing photographer and he spent quite some time giving me a crash course on my camera.  I love learning from a master.  The rest of the evening was spent having really great conversation.  They didn't end up leaving until after midnight!  

Here are a few pictures Richard took while he was here...

 I love these three! 
 Can you believe this hair?  You may remember that Rosie had some hair issues, too. Remember this post?  My poor girls and their hair!  
 Luckily, Rosie's hair has grown in very well.  It's so long and much more manageable now! 
Nighty-night kisses

I was not made for late hours, so today has been pretty hard.  I've found myself becoming VERY easily agitated.  I'm so easily agitated that I just had to turn off the Presidential Debate because both of those guys were getting on my nerves and don't get me started on that moderator.  The comments about the debate on Facebook have just about done me in.  I'm starting to think that my attitude is a clue that I need to get off of here and go to bed.  Yes, I think so.  Goodnight.    

Well, before I go, I will leave you with some pictures from the last few days...

A simple snack... French baguette and cheddar cheese flowers, strawberries and bananas + peanut butter

Monroe loves baguettes!  She calls them baby bread.  She can call it whatever she wants, as long as she eats it:)  French baguette and cheese, veggie chips, seasoned broccoli and strawberries and whipped cream.  This lunch was a HIT!  Nothing left.  

 Kiki's first pigtails
 My independent girl. 
I made the oh-so-secret Tomato Florentine Soup this week.  I hate to toot my own horn, but it was my best batch ever.  Yum! 

No comments: