Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Just some things...

I'm kind of sleepy and I don't really feel up to writing anything that requires great thought, so here are just some random things from this week.


  • Tonight my mom made her manicotti.  It is amazing and takes me right back to childhood.  I now just have to convince her to give up the recipe.  She keeps that one under lock and key:) 
  • Rosie has fallen out of her bed almost every night since we've been gone.  How/when does your body learn to stay put in a bed?  She also fell down the stairs!  It was the most terrifying thing ever, but she's a-okay...whew! 
The stairs she fell down :(
  • Been thinking and praying for all of those affected by Hurricane Sandy.  The pictures from the aftermath have been nuts! 
  • We are now a 100% "Apple" family.  I love apple products.  We have an iMac, a Macbook, an ipad, 2 ipods, 3 shuffles (including the one I lost) and Mark has an iphone.  I just couldn't give up my android phone.  The "Swype" texting feature on android phones is the best thing that ever happened to me.  (If you have it, you know what I mean.)  Anyway, I knew that I was not as cool as everyone else, and I had learned to accept it.  Then, we had a bit of a "Gift of the Magi" type thing happen.  Stephen had decided to surprise my dad with an Iphone 5 for his birthday and, coincidentally, my dad decided to get himself an iphone 5 for his birthday.  I guess it's not really a "Gift of the Magi" type thing, but, close enough.  Long story short, there was an extra iphone floating around and I ended up buying it.  I like it and all, but I'm definitely mourning the loss of swype in my life.  If you have it, don't take it for granted.  It could be taken from you in an instant.  
  • Yesterday at Target, Monroe saw a box with a pumpkin on it.  She brought it over to me, and said, "Mommy, I want to buy this for you."  (She knows I love pumpkins.)  It was a box of Kraft mac and cheese, but I thought it was so sweet and thoughtful.  
  • The girls are going to be honey bees for Halloween.  I tried their costumes on them last night and they were beyond excited. 
  • Mark flies in tomorrow (as long as his flight doesn't get cancelled)!  I can't wait to see him.  Did I mention it is his birthday?!!!  Both him and my dad share a birthday, so we are going to party pretty hardy tomorrow.  
  • Tomorrow I'm getting my teeth cleaned.  For some reason, I always get nervous when it's that time.  I guess it's kind of like when you clean before the cleaning lady comes because I've been brushing and flossing like crazy! 
  • Kiki is becoming a big girl right before my eyes.  Anything that Rosie does, Kiki has to do.  If I curl Rosie's hair, Kiki crawls up into the chair and waits for me to curl hers.  If I put lip gloss on Rosie, Kiki begs until I put it on her.  It's pretty hilarious.  She's also trying out some new words and has started hugging, which hadn't been her thing.  I'm really enjoying it all.  My favorite new thing she's trying out is her praying.  She folds her hands and starts babbling away.  It's precious.
A few pictures from this week...















1 comment:

tashacolleen said...

I think Keeks looks just like your Mom ... for whatever reason, when I was looking at the pictures in this blog, that came to me over and over. :) Miss you!