Thursday, December 6, 2012

If it ain't broke...


So, I got the girls out for the first time in what seems like weeks!  We had lunch with Mark at Papas.  It was so nice being out and about.  I had almost forgotten how to dress for going out into the world.  I put on clothes that didn't involve sweat pants and put actual make-up on.  It was refreshing, to say the least. 

Rosie still doesn't seem quite normal.  She's been very quiet, sluggish and just plain grumpy.  She didn't say one word until about an hour after she woke up this morning.  This, from the girl who talks more than any person I've ever met, is strange to say the least.  I decided to take her in tomorrow to see the doctor, just to make sure she's okay.  We've been fever free, but that nagging cough and change in temperament, worries me a bit.  I'll let you know how it goes.   Of course though, as soon as I made the appointment late in the afternoon, a switch flipped and she became little miss sunshine, but I think it was a fluke.  The morning will tell.

When I got off of the phone from leaving a message for the nurse at the pediatrician's office, Rosie got a very worried look on her face.  She set on my lap and said, "Mommy, I don't want to be broken."  I assured her she wasn't broken.  When the nurse called me back and I finished up talking with her, Monroe came back over and asked, "Did she say that I was broken?"  This kid kills me!  She's not only concerned for herself, but also for the well-being of her sis.  Whenever we've had to use the nebulizer for breathing treatments on Kiki this last week, Rosie would cry and say, "Please don't break my sister!"  So sweet! 

Here are some pictures I took today on my phone...

One of Kiki's favorite places to play is in my tub.  Both of the girls love it.  Here she is contemplating life.  

Love this kid! 

Kiki's little piggies! 

Rosie, after she got happy tonight!  She was teaching Kiki how to twirl.   

They both put on their jammies and robes and had a blast just being silly!  They spend a lot of time in front of that mirror.  Every time I dress Kiki, she goes to the mirror to check herself out.  Pretty funny, that kid.  
  

No comments: