Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Weekly Wrap-up

So, I'm officially done with Christmas shopping and now the huge task of wrapping everything is before me.  I've wrapped a few boxes and put them under the tree, but believe it or not, Kiki finds a way to unwrap them.  I know, you probably didn't see that one coming:).  My parents arrive tomorrow night, so hopefully my mom will tag team the wrapping project with me.   

The last few days have been so fun.  Last Wednesday, we had our book club's "Favorite Things" party.  The food was great and I came home with something I really wanted and needed, a skin brightener "Well-Rested" by BareMinerals.  I LOVE it!  I'm a big believer in BareMinerals, but they really outdid themselves with this product.   If you are looking for a highlighting tool, this is the one! 



Our weekend was a busy one.  We got to see David and Elizabeth, which was a treat!  We hadn't seen them in forever.  We are so excited that they will be adding a forth kiddo in June!  Yay for babies!  The idea of four kids seems so crazy to me, but if anyone can do it and do it well, it's those two!  

Because of our bout with the plague, we hadn't been to church as a whole family in weeks!  It was so nice to be back.  I really feel like we are making strides with Kiki's behavior in Sabbath School.  She actually did really well...knock on wood.  

On Saturday night, we went to the mall with the Nudd's for a little last minute shopping.  It was PACKED to say the least, but it was fun to get out.  On Sunday, Maria, Jackie and I hopped in the car and headed to Greenville, SC for a fun day of shopping.  We exchanged Christmas gifts with each other and ate fun food--a much needed girls' day!  

On Monday, we took the kids to the Play Lodge for the morning and then had lunch at Panera.  That evening, I got my hair done.  I was in dire need of fresh color.  There's nothing like a hair appointment to give a girl a boost! 

Yesterday, we ran way too many errands, but we got a lot accomplished.  Mark had gotten me a massage for my birthday and last night I got to use it.  Sadly, my favorite massage therapist of all time, Nancy, no longer works there.  My massage was good, but nothing compares to Nancy!  I feel like I need to track her down somehow.  She was kind of like my massage soulmate.  

I've been a bit delinquent with picture taking lately, but I did find a few on my phone that I thought I would share...

Yesterday, I cleaned out a few purses and found tons of change!  I counted it this evening and it came to $45!!!  We've decided to use it to do a random act of kindness.  We haven't figured out what it will be though.

Because I can't afford the Willow Tree Nativity quite yet:),  I ordered the Little People one.  The girls absolutely love it and play with the "Tivity" throughout the day!!!  If you look closely you will find a little Disney Princess that has joined the cast.    

The girls loved this piano at the Play Lodge.  

Kiki had a blast!  She was running, jumping and climbing on everything! She's a tiny little thing!  She still hasn't hit 20 pounds! 

Rosie, the mermaid bride.  She wore this the whole time.  She's such a girlie-girl! 

Bryn is a crack-up! 

Rosie-quietly playing dress-up.  Kiki-loudly scaling the window. 

All ready for Church! 

She was super proud of her furry coat!  

Spur-of-the-moment sisterly love!  

Silly Girl 

Rosie to Kiki, "Oh, Kiki!  You are gorgeous!  You look like a Christmas miracle!"  I love these girls!

So I just heard a news report that said there is possible snow in our future!  I couldn't be happier.  Fingers crossed for a white Christmas!  

No comments: