Monday, June 6, 2011

Friends are Friends Forever

I officially feel like a little Chicagoan!  Some of my besties, Ashley and Jaime came to see us this weekend and we had a B.L.A.S.T!  We laughed our way around Chicago's most touristy locations.  We did A LOT of walking, but it was worth it.  I have about 20 million hilarious stories to share, but I don't want to bore you to death.  Let's just say, I have a quite a few more laugh lines after this weekend and I don't mind a bit.  

 This is the amazing view from the Signature Room Restaurant in the John Hancock Tower!  It was on the 95th floor.  Great food, great atmosphere.  I would recommend it to anyone visiting Chicago.  Just remember to make reservations!
 We had a wonderful waiter/photographer.  Look at those HIGH towers in the back of us.  They look tiny compared to where we are.
 I love this pic!  The two girlies taking in the city!
 The Bean!
 Us and the Bean! 
 Isn't Chicago beautiful?!  This is Millennium Park! 
 Talking it out.  
 We tried Chicago Dogs for the first time. They had really good veggie dogs.  I'm so very glad I gave them a try! 
 We also fit in a quick trip to Indiana!  This was the beach.  After over an hour drive, we had to leave 30 minutes later due to rains!  It was still fun though!  Cold, but fun! 
 The water was in the 50's which we learned can cause hypothermia, but the guys couldn't resist.  We enjoyed watching them freeze their booties off from the shore! 
 Beach time with my little shadow.  I love her eyes in this pic.  I am not sure why it looks like I have a mustache.  
 Chicago Pizza and Root beer.  I later learned it was Barq's so it was full of caffeine.  Little sis and I were wired for the rest of the evening.  Oops!
 We did a number on that pizza!  It was soooo good! 
Mark scored us tickets to the White Sox Game in box seats!  We got free food and got to watch the game in style.  It was such a fun experience.  
 This was the dessert cart.  Everything was AMAZING!  It was very hard to choose.  I got a toffee blondie, Ash got a gooey, caramely brownie, Jaime got a piece of cheesecake and Mark got a bag of Garrett's popcorn and some gummy bears.  We also got some ice cream at the Sundae Bar!  I got mine in a little white sox helmet that Monroe fell in love with!   
Monroe enjoying running around at the game.   
This pic cracks me up!  I guess she was pretty worn out from the experience. 
 The gang!
 Mark enjoying the view and the game!  
 We had so much fun! 
 Another group shot!
 Ashley asked for her sundae in this helmet.  They declined.  
 The view from the stadium.  I love the Chicago skyline.  
 More stadium shots.
Driving downtown.  This is what used to be the Sears Tower and is now the Willis Tower.  It is gargantuan! 

I can't tell you what a great time we had.  I was very sad to drop them off at the airport this morning.  Hopefully, we will all be reunited again soon.  Luckily, I couldn't be sad for long, because Tasha and Colton arrived last night and we've already had a great day with them.  I feel so blessed with great friends that make my world so much more full.   Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A little delayed I know, but I love your post. I sure do miss you, Mark and Monroe! Oh, and loved the pics you posted of Mark's fabulous "ride" :)

Jaime