Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sbarro's Revenge?

So...no zoo, no splash park, no nothin'!  Something we ate yesterday did a real number on us.  We are thinking it might have been our Sbarro lunch in the mall.  My tummy was queasy all day, but poor Tasha was up all night throwing up and being sick.  I feel horrible for her.

We lazed around the morning and since Colton's and Rosie's nap schedules were just opposite of each other, and we wanted Tasha to have a nice nap, the two of us decided to get out of the house.  There were a few times I thought I might throw up when we were out, but I "mind over mattered" it and was able to beat the urge.

Rosie and I ended up going to the grocery store and to the park.  Rosie had so much fun swinging and playing on the equipment.  It was SOOO hot, though, so we weren't able to stay very long.  We headed home and I stripped the kid down and got the hose and a tub out and she spent the rest of the afternoon playing in the water.  She had a BLAST.  I had a blast watching her and sitting in the shade.

Here are a few pics of her playing.

 She loved the hose.  I came very close to turning it on when she was holding it, but I restrained myself.  I did spray her a few times, though.  She thought it was hilarious! 
 She loved stomping in the water.  It looks pretty yucky, but it really wasn't.
 I love this kid.  

 Little Bit got a special surprise in the mail today from Kaylee...

Isn't this so cute!?  I can't wait for her to wear this!  It has a little onesie, pants, a hat and little socks.  Thank you Auntie Kaylee.  

We took it very easy the rest of the evening.  We were all pretty hungry by the evening, as we hadn't eaten anything.  (Well, I did have a piece of toast at breakfast.) So, I went all out and made dinner roast and mashed potatoes & gravy.  I know...what was I thinking?!  Well, it tasted great, but we barely ate any.  At least I love leftovers.  Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to eat more.

The kids played outside while we watched on.  It was a lot nicer out then it had been earlier, but the mosquitoes sent us running inside and the remainder of the evening was spent reading book after book after book.  Both of the kids LOVE books and could hear the same one over and over.  It's actually very cute, although at times it definitely drives you insane.  
   
 Tasha and Colton enjoying a special book moment.  She looks pretty amazing to have been sick all night and day!!! 

I really don't want to go to work tomorrow, but what's a girl to do?!  I haven't been there in so long, that it just sounds pretty overwhelming.  At least I only have to work Thursday and Friday.  Hopefully, it will just fly by.

Well, I better bring this to a close.  Sweet dreams!!!

No comments: