Monday, June 13, 2011

A loss no one can understand...

Sometimes I wonder why I ever complain or feel sorry for myself.  Today I learned the saddest news.  A friend from college who was 24 weeks pregnant just got home from her "babymoon" in Cancun to discover that her little girl had passed away.  She had to go through 24 hours of labor to deliver her.  I truly can't wrap my mind around the whole thing.  I can't imagine what she is going through and my heart completely breaks for her.  What do you say to someone that has just experienced that kind of loss?!  How will she explain all of this to her other daughter who is only 2 years old and is anxiously awaiting the arrival of her little sister?  If you don't mind, please send up some prayers for her and her family.  I know they have a long road ahead of them.  

No comments: