Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sick as a Dog

Last night was a rough one.  The storms came rolling in last night and they were something crazy...rain, hail, tons of lightening and thunder--pretty scary stuff.  Especially for a toddler.  Rosie woke up a few times  scared out of her gourd.  I finally brought her in bed with us and soon figured out that she was VERY warm.  Poor little thing was not only scared, but sick.  We gave her some tylenol and put a cold cloth on her.  That seemed to help, but her sleep was fitful.

This morning, she seemed to be feeling better, but was still a bit warm.  I called Shelley and she said to go ahead and send her.  My heart hurt as I was getting her ready to go, because I knew in my heart she wasn't feeling good.  She did have her morning milk with no problem, so that made me feel better.  I kept in touch with Shelley all morning and she was progressively getting worse.  She took a nap, but woke up burning up and she wouldn't eat a thing.  Luckily, I have the most flexible boss in the world and she let me work from home the rest of the day.  I went and picked Rosie up right away and she was so lethargic.  It just about killed me to see her like that.

I got her home, gave her some tylenol and a bottle and a quick tepid bath.  She fell asleep beside me as I worked on job stuff.  Mark was able to get off early and when he came home, she was still very sick.  She fell back asleep, but she really started sweating at that point.  By the time she woke up, her fever had broken and she screamed out, "FOOD!"  She ended up drinking another bottle of milk, a carton of yogurt and two pieces of dinner roast.  By the end of the meal, she was squealing with laughter and seemed to be back to normal.  She was happy and feeling much better the rest of the afternoon until she got her blanket and binkie and wanted to take a nap.

She is still resting and I really hope she wakes back up so we can see how she's doing.  I really hope it doesn't get bad again.

Mark rented two movies and I have been working away on a project for my boss.  I actually have gotten all of my work done, which I never dreamed I would be able to do.  Great news!

So, that's all for today.  Well, besides the fact that I'm super sad that Tasha and Colton left this morning.  So is Rosie.  She wondered around looking for him for quite awhile.

Have a good night.  I'm pretty exhausted myself after being up all night.  I'm heading to bed early.

No comments: