Thursday, July 26, 2012

I Heart Nancy

So, I guess Mark could sense the sadness in my text when I let him know that the massage therapist had cancelled on me.   He did some calling around and found another place that could take me at the same time.  What a guy!  He found a place literally about a minute from our house, so that was amazing, but he did tell me to check out their website before I made a commitment, apparently the place is a wellness center and isn't your typical massage establishment.  This worried me a little, but I just laughed.  I understood what he meant when I got there and saw that this fellow was on staff...a bit intimidating, huh?!

Not Nancy

I stuck it out and I must say today's massage was one for the books.  Now, I've had a lot of massages in my life.  Some of them being rather, well...interesting.  After we first got married, Mark got me one at a Massage Therapy School.  The school part should probably have been my first red flag.  The guy who came in was about 6'5" and 130 lbs.  He was all wiry and creepy and he talked during the entire massage about Star Wars.  Let's just say that I was less than relaxed when I left there.  I've had a massage that I probably should have reported to the authorities when vacationing in Mexico.  I've even had a massage from a little person, but todays blew them all out of the water, but this time, in a good way.  My masseuse, Nancy, was the best ever.  I've never had a better massage.  There was one point when I actually said, "I love you, Nancy" under my breath...I really hope she didn't hear;).  It was THAT good. 

As for the cake, not so good.  The whole rosette thing didn't work out.  Oh, well.  I read more on some baking blogs and they said that the icing has to be a thick butter cream to work.  This cake calls for the lightest of icings and is mostly just coolwhip. It also has crushed pineapple in it, so it would clog up a pastry bag tip, so it was a no go.  To be honest, I don't think she'll mind.  As long as it gets in her belly, I think she'll be content.  

Well, I cannot wait to climb into bed tonight, so I better not drag this out.  I'll be sure to take lots of pictures tomorrow!  

   

No comments: