Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lions and Tigers and Bears

I can't believe tomorrow is Friday!  This week has flown by.  Only one more day of VBS.  Today went pretty well.  Well, it was fine until we were supposed to go into the den of lions.  I was surprised that Monroe was actually considering going in the room, but Morgan grabbed her hand and she started into the room.  I couldn't really go in, because I was pushing Kiki in the stroller.  Maria was standing at the door and I asked her if Monroe seemed to be doing okay and she said that she seemed okay.  It was about that time that I heard the tell tell sound of terrified coming from the room.  I know the sound well.  Out Monroe came, crying and running to me.  Needless to say, we missed a big chunk of of VBS getting her calmed down.  It really stuck with her, too.  When she woke up from her nap this afternoon, the first thing she said was, "Will the lions come into our house and get me?"  Where does she get this stuff?    

Here are a few pictures from the day...

 Rosie and another terrified friend. 
 Playing "tail" tag
 Keekster's not afraid of anything!  
 She loved playing games! 
 Snack Time!

Here are their crafts from this week...  

 Roller Stamps
 The Hanging Gardens of Babylon...they planted seeds in each of the levels.  
Jeweled Boxes

Well, I better get to bed.  I was so tired last night, but my mind was racing and I didn't end up falling asleep until after 2 am.  I don't do too well without sleep...not well at all.  Goodnight!  


No comments: