Friday, July 20, 2012

Wood Chips and Photo Shoots

So, yesterday morning I hadn't heard much from Kiki and was amazed that she was sleeping in so late.   I finally decided to peak my head in her room to check on her and let me assure you, she wasn't sleeping.  

Remember her mobile that I made?  It used to look like this...


Now it looks like this...


Apparently she jumped up, grabbed her mobile and broke it.  When I found her, she was gnawing on one end, completely covered in wood chips.   I don't know if it's salvageable.  Is there anything this kid won't eat?

This morning we got up early and ran a few errands around town.  On our way home, I decided to stop and try a new little bakery I had been curious about.  It was so cute and they had some amazing looking goodies.  I let Rosie choose a "treat" and she decided upon a peach cupcake with cream cheese icing.  I got the most amazing blueberry scone.  It was so light and delicious.

  Monroe's Peach Cupcake
 The Perfect Blueberry Scone
Rosie enjoying her treat! 

This afternoon, while Rosie was napping, I decided to do Kiki's one year photo shoot.  It probably ranks up there with one of the hardest things I've ever done.  She was all over the place, but I was able to get a few cute ones.  I'm pretty sure I have a few more gray hairs, though.  I might need an assistant next time.  I can't believe she's almost a year old! 




On a more serious note, please keep our Grandma Murrill in your prayers.  She's in the hospital tonight with some complications.  She's such an amazing person and is my most loyal blog reader:)!  We're hoping she'll be able to go home really soon! 


1 comment:

Tracy said...

I can only imagine how frustrating the photo shoot was, but the pics of your little Kiki are SO ADORABLE!!! Worth it for sure :)