Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Our Trip to the Outfit Mall

So, remember when I said I really wanted to go back to the outlet mall?  Well, I wasn't kidding.  We went back today, in fact.  Mark took the afternoon off of work and we had a little family time.  It was so nice.  We started out at Mountain Deli for a late lunch.   I can't be within a five mile radius of McFarlan's without getting something, so we finished our lunch off with a little treat.  Then, we were on the road to the Gaffney Premium Outlets.

This mall has blessed me with my first experience with a Pottery Barn Outlet and let me tell you, it does NOT disappoint.  I could spend so much money there (if I had it).  On Sunday, I found the bedding that goes along with Rosie's/Kiki's room.  I had never gotten the twin quilt and it was such a great deal.  I didn't end up getting it and I regretted it.  But today, I got the okay from Mark and picked it up along with the matching quilted sham.

So excited about these two finds! 

Mark found a few pairs of shorts and pants which were super needed.  I found a few things myself.  I'm feeling a little guilty about how much I got.  I found a few shirts (6), a dress, and a pair of flip flops.  I know that six shirts seem like a lot, but most of those were $10 or less!  I'm a sucker for a good deal.


If you know me, you know that I go through phases where I only buy one color of things.  For example, navy stripes have been my uniform for the last few years.   Lately, I've been buying everything in coral.  I love that color.  Now, I've added another color to the mix...pale mint green.  I love it!  Two of the shirts and the flip flops that I got are that color.   

My mint floppers! 


I found the cutest little jammies for Keeks.  She kicks herself out of snap up jams, so I always have to get her the zip up kind.  I found these little guys with elephants on them and fell in love.  I was super excited that there was a sign above them that said $4.00!  I grabbed them and went to pay, but they rung up full price.  I asked the sales associate about it and she realized that they had been put in the wrong place and were not really on sale.  In fact, they had just come in, but because of the mix-up they gave them to me for the lower price no questions asked!  Yay:)

Kiki's Jammy Jams! 
Close up.  I just love that print.  

Kiki has started to become the pesky younger sister.  She pestered Rosie pretty much the whole time we were at the mall.  If she wasn't pinching her, she was biting her or pulling her hair.  I guess this is just a taste of what the poor girl has to look forward to in the future.  At one point, I took Rosie to the outdoor playground and Mark took Kiki with him into a store, just to give her a little bit of a break.  I feel so bad for her!!  For the most part, she was patient and kept a good attitude.  I was really impressed and very proud of her.  My favorite thing about the whole trip was that Monroe kept calling the place the "Outfit Mall".  It does make a little more sense then "outlet".

Well, it's almost ten o'clock and my lovely neighbors have decided to do a little impromptu fireworks show.  It's extremely loud and Rosie doesn't do "fire-makers" (another Monroe-ism) very well, so I better go.  I hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July!  We are headed to the Guyton's for a little get-together.  I'm looking forward to the food and fellowship.  I'll try to remember to take some pictures!  Do you have any big plans?

No comments: