Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Walk With Me, Talk With Me

So, I haven't been able to wipe the smile off of my face after watching the season finale of the Bachelorette on Monday night.  Let me just say, it was the BEST ONE EVER.  It couldn't have been better if I had written the ending myself.  I truly feel that those two can make go of it and I couldn't be happier for them.  I think you know Mark and I well enough by now to assume that there were a few tears shed while watching...well, your assumption would be correct.   I kept it together until they played my all time favorite Peter Cetera song "Glory of Love" and then I completely lost it...cried like a baby.  Like I said before, best one ever.  In fact, I'm genuinely sad it's over.    

We are celebrating Kiki's birthday on Friday evening!  We are doing it a week early because all of our friends will be out of town on her actual birthday.  She has no clue what's coming, but Rosie is beside herself with excitement.  She is constantly asking questions about the party...who's coming, what we'll eat, and if she can have Kiki's presents.  She's not loving the idea that Kiki's party comes before hers.  I have a very bad feeling that there might be a meltdown from her at the party...I'm praying that won't be the case, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Rosie amazes me every day.  She just adores books.  I read to her as much as I can, but she's fine with reading books to herself.  She's memorized most of her books and gets such a kick out of reading them to us.  I can't believe how she can repeat the books back to me word for word.  It's so sweet.  She's still a baby doll lover.  She can't get enough of them.  She carries them around all day long, feeding, diapering, rocking, burping, napping, and wrapping them.  She's the perfect little mother.  In sad news, she's decided that napping is no longer something she's interested in and that has been an issue for me.  Pray I can get that one under control.  We are not ready to give naps up!  

Oh, I almost forgot.  We have a WALKER on our hands!!!  Kiki's been taking quite a few steps this week and then this afternoon she walked right on over to me.  She's not a skilled walker, by any means.  In fact, it looks rather gimpy, but it sure is cute.  She's much faster crawling, so I'm not sure when she'll make the complete transition over to walking, but it was so exciting to see her go.  She was super proud of herself.

Her favorite thing to do these days is shake her head at me and say, "No, No".  It's really quite entertaining.  I've found a few things that just make her go crazy with giggles.  It cracks her up the most when I sing the "AHH, AHH, AHH" song from the Little Mermaid really loud.  You know the one when Ariel gives her voice to Ursula?  Well, she thinks that is HILARIOUS.  She just closes her eyes, throws her head back and cackles.  Love it!

She's gotten two black eyes this week from different accidents...both on Mark's watch...ha!  The first, she fell off of a step and hit her face and the other she hit on a little riding horse at the park.  Luckily, my friend Tasha had mentioned a homeopathic lotion called Arnica that prevents bruising.  I had gotten some a few weeks ago and I'm so glad I did.  I put some of it around her eyes in the evening and by the morning the bruises were totally gone.  The stuff is amazing!  It also helps with muscle aches and pains.  I rubbed it on my neck when it was hurting from working out a few days ago and the pain went right away!  If you are interested, you can pick it up at your local health food store.  Thanks, Tasha for the recommendation!  Kiki's birthday pictures thank you:)

Well, I better call it a night.  It's been one long day.  Mark had meeting tonight until almost 9 o'clock and I'm pretty beat.      



 

No comments: