Thursday, July 26, 2012

No Massage for YOU!

So, I'm pretty excited.   Apparently, Mark sensed my stress lately and decided to help a girl out.  He got me a massage for this afternoon!  I couldn't be happier.  I don't remember the last time I've had a
massage.  Mark is even coming home during the massage to watch the girls.  Have I hit the jackpot, or what?!

Tonight I'm going to do something that I'm nervous about.  I'm going to attempt something that I have zero experience in.  I'm going to make Kiki's birthday cake.  Now, I've made this cake before.  It's a three layer Mandarin Orange Cake and is kind of a tradition in our family.  It is the cake that my mom would make for every one of my birthdays.  It's my favorite and I hope that the girls like it, too. I'm not nervous about that part.  I'm nervous about what I'm going to try and do with the icing.  I want it to look like this...

Picture from I-heart-baking.blogspot.com

The only problem is...I don't know how.  I bought a cake decorating set and I've studied some tutorials online, but I don't even know if it's possible with the the kind of icing I'm using.  That, coupled with my lack of experience, could be an accident waiting to happen.  Well, if it fails miserably I can always just smooth it out and make it regular.

Oh my!  Knife in the heart...I just got a call from the massage therapist.  She cancelled on me.  Wow, this sadness has hit me pretty hard.  I was really looking forward to that massage.  So close, but so far away.  Well, that's my luck.  Hopefully, my cake turns out better than my day.  

No comments: