Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Everything and the Bathroom Sink

One of the blogs I read, The Francis Family, is doing a link up for organization ideas and, although I'm no organizing pro, I did do something awhile back that has made my life so much easier.  Do you struggle with keeping the area under your bathroom sink clean and organized?  I sure did.  I had so much loose make-up, nail polish/nail accessories, hair accessories, travel-sized lotions and soaps, etc.  I didn't have a clue what to do with it all!

First, I did a huge purging and got rid of anything that I hadn't used in awhile.  Then, I ran to Michael's and purchased a few of their photo boxes.  They were on sale, so I think I paid about $2 per box.  They had all kinds of designs to choose from, but I was drawn to the the sleekness of the brown paper and black.  The boxes are equipped with label holders which made the whole thing so easy.

I came up with a few different categories that worked for my stuff...hair accessories, make-up brushes, cheeks, lips, eyes, nail polish, nail accessories, and travel toiletries.  Then, it was as simple as tossing everything into the right box.  I've easily been able keep it organized because everything now has it's own "home".  I would definitely recommend this easy strategy!  Good luck organizing!





No comments: