Thursday, January 10, 2013

Julienne

I did some online shopping today and bought something I'm super excited about...

It doesn't look that exciting, but I'm very optimistic about the wonders it will do.  It's a julienne peeler.  Supposedly, it's an easy/cheap way to turn your veggies into a healthy pasta alternative.  This weekend I made my first spaghetti squash and loved it.  I also loved the idea of using other veggies (carrots, zucchini, etc.) and thought this might be just the tool I need.  I can't wait until it comes!  

In other "exciting" news, I painted the first coat on the piano today.  I'm really hoping that the finished product will look a lot better than what it looks like right now...yikes!  In fact, it looks so bad that I'm not even going to show you a picture of it right now.  It definitely needs another coat.

Looking back, that wasn't the wisest painting outfit.  

Kiki's new favorite word is "No".  She shakes her head and tells me that all the time--no matter what the question.  She also is obsessed with baths.  She absolutely loves them.  When I try to get her out, she tries everything in her power to avoid me.  Today, I let the water out, hoping that would make her want to get out.  This is what she did.  

She just laid there saying, "No, Out!" 

I have book club tonight, so I better run.  Tonight we are discussing the book, "The Secret Life of Bees".  I would really like to see the movie.  Anyway, have a great night.  





No comments: