Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Picturing the New Year

Sometimes I feel like I'm the Jack of some(not all) trades and a master of none.  I have a lot of hobbies, but I have a hard time really putting my all into any one thing.   I really love to sew, take photos, craft, sing, play guitar, etc., but I'm not great at any one of those things.  I thought for this year, I would choose photography to focus on.  I would really like to learn my camera, inside and out.  I want to learn  the how's, the why's, the what's about photography, so that if someone asked me a photography related question, I could confidently answer.

I don't exactly know how to go about accomplishing that.  I do know the internet is a very good resource, along with some friends who are pretty skilled at their craft.  I've also been told that just experimenting and taking tons of pictures is a good start.

I saw the coolest thing on a blog I read, called Aleida's Challenge.  Please read Emilie's post here all about Aleida and her legacy.  Long story short, I want to start taking pictures of the girls and me together, at least once a month, and hopefully even more.  I'm not going to let my insecurities about my weight, looks, etc. keep me from having documentation of the girls and I together as they grow up.  I love looking back at the pictures of my mom and me when I was little, and I want that for my girlies, too.  Hopefully, having that as a goal, I will improve my photo taking skills and have pictures that we can treasure forever.

This was a picture my mom found when cleaning out my Mumsie's house.  
She brought it when she came to visit.  I just love it! 

So, along with some other, more personal goals, I will strive to become a better photographer.  Well, that, and drink more water.  I really need to drink more water.




No comments: