Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go AWAY!!!

Not much happening around these parts!  It hasn't stopped raining for two days, and although it's perfect nap weather, it's kept us from doing much else!  We ran a few errands today, but that's pretty much the extent of us going out.  Here are a few pictures from the last few days...

This was our dinner last night.  Spaghetti squash with marinara sauce and salad.  I like spaghetti squash and all, but I'm having a really hard time liking it more than pasta.   The girls seem to agree.  I did roast the seeds (just like you would pumpkin seeds) and sprinkled them with parmesan and seasoning salt and they were a HUGE hit!  

My new favorite restaurant!  It's all vegetarian and I'm in heaven.  Mark brought me a "chicken" salad sandwich and soup home for lunch today and it was SOOOO good!  

Our friend brought over his new puppy, "Miles" last night.  What a precious little guy! 

It's safe to say that Rosie fell in love!  She asked if Miles could sleep with her last night.  

The girls displaying their undying love for one another.  

Keeks 

Rosie girl 

She looks guilty, doesn't she?  As you can tell, we moved the piano in last night.  I'm not done with it yet.  I think it needs a third coat of paint before I do the stain and varnish.  



Rosie thought it was a must that I take a picture of her new shoes.

When I was making lunch, I looked over to find this happening.  I guess I wasn't moving fast enough for her.  


At every meal we struggle with keeping Kiki in her highchair.  She somehow finagles out of it and ends up eating while standing on top of it or hanging from it.  It's frightening to watch.  We finally decided that it was time to transition her completely to the table.  Not much better there.  

She's growing up way too fast:(

I made kale chips tonight.  They are definitely a family favorite!  Just toss torn up pieces of kale with olive oil and sea salt and bake at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes.  

I saw a tutorial for these little bows on a blog I read and whipped these guys up in no time at all tonight!  They were so easy!  

I've started on my first craft for my Pay it Forward Crafting Challenge.  I'm venturing into some crafting territory that is new to me, so I'm hoping it turns out okay!  I'll be sure to post pictures after I send the finished product to one of the five recipients.  Actually, I forgot that my friend Maria had emailed me that she couldn't get the comment thing to work, so I decided I would do six crafts instead of five.  I better run, I've got a lot of crafting to do.

No comments: