Saturday, March 3, 2012

Matchmaker, Matchmaker Make Me a Match

The stomach flu came and it hit me HARD.  I mean it was really, really bad.  Luckily (fingers crossed), none of my crew got it, so I'm praying they stay flu free.  This morning I woke up feeling like a human again.  I was starting to worry I never would.  Yes, I only came down with the plague two days ago, but let me tell you, it felt like an eternity.  So glad to be back in the land of the living.

I haven't really done much that doesn't involve the flu, so I don't have a whole lot to report.  We did have a lovely visit from our friends, Kenneth and Shelley.  Now, I don't want to brag or anything...actually I really want to brag.  A few months ago, I was up in the middle of the night feeding Kiki.  It was actually right after she was born, if I remember correctly.  I was browsing Facebook, because if you didn't already know it, that's who's on FB at 4 in the morning...nursing mamas.  Anyway, I started looking at some pictures that my friend Shelley had posted.  She's an absolute doll and right away I started thinking of my other friend Kenneth.  Both of which were single and I just felt really impressed they might hit it off, if they ever got the chance.  Well, I sent off some emails right then and there and long story short, they have been an item ever since.  I know!!!  I couldn't be prouder.

Anyway, they are on a trip to visit Shelley's cousins for a birthday party and stopped in our neck of the woods for a few days.  I didn't get to spend much time with them because of the aforementioned stomach situation, but it was great to see them nonetheless.  Here are a few pictures...

 You really can't tell from this picture, but Monroe thinks these two hung the moon.  
 How cute are they?!  
Friends are friends forever...  

Tonight I started craving food...any food.  Actually, anything but Thai food.  That's what I ate right before I got sick and if I never see the stuff again, it will be too soon.  We decided to head to Jason's Deli in Asheville.  Can you guess Monroe's favorite part of the night?


For some reason, we rarely call our girls by their given names.  If you read this blog at all, you probably guessed that.  We give lots of nicknames.  One of McKinley's many nicknames has become Keekstopherson.  It's quite catchy and Monroe has picked up on it.  The other day, Mark took the girls to the store while I was at the gym.  The check-out girl asked Monroe what her little sister's name was and without hesitation, Monroe proudly stated, "Keekstopherson!"  Mark didn't correct her.  Every time I think of this situation I start laughing.  That girl must have really thought we were nuts.

Oh, I almost forgot!!!  I have some pretty exciting blogging news.  Lindsey, from one of my favorite blogs, Better After, just featured Monroe's dresser redo on a post she did about before/afters for kid's stuff.  I am so excited.  You can see it here.  You really need to follow her blog, if you don't already.  It's so fun to see the amazing stuff people do and she's a hilarious girl.

Well, I better head to bed.  I'll leave you with a picture I took of Monroe this week.  She came downstairs with this ensemble.  This kid can really put together an outfit...

No comments: