Sunday, March 4, 2012

Round Two

Well, apparently the stomach flu wasn't quite finished with me.  This morning I woke up feeling yucky and experienced "round two" of it's torment.  I spent most of the day in bed, again.  Finally, this afternoon things started looking up and I was able to get out of bed and get dressed.  I've felt progressively better as time has passed.  Hopefully, that's the last I'll see of Stomach Flu 2012.

There is one good thing that has come out of this whole sick business, these guys...

I LOVE Edy's fruit bars.  I've never really been able to choose a favorite.  I love the lime, lemonade, coconut, pomegranate, tangerine.  You name it, I like it.  When I locked eyes with these at the grocery store, I knew I had to have them and they did NOT disappoint.  They are really amazing.  If you like pineapple, I would 100% recommend them.   

This evening I went to the grocery store to get a few items for this week.  I know I have totally stopped doing my weekly meal plan thing on here.  I never can stick to it and I apologize.  This week I have a few things planned.  We will be doing some falafels and tabouli, veggie fajitas, vegetarian sloppy joe's and the thing I'm most excited about making is something my friend Ashley told me about, Quinoa Burgers.  She got the recipe from Pinterest and said they were so good.  I've never cooked with quinoa before, so it will be a new thing for me.  Here's a link to the recipe if you are interested.  I'll let you know how they turn out.

Kiki has really been a bear the last few days.  She's been super clingy and really only wants to be held and really only by me.  It can be pretty frustrating and overwhelming, especially with me being sick and all.  I couldn't figure out what the problem was.  When she had her 6 month doctor's appointment last week, the doctor was surprised by how early she was having stranger anxiety.  She asked me if she had any teeth arriving.  She didn't have any, but today we checked again and wouldn't you know it, two little teefers have arrived!  Hopefully, she'll start to go back to normal in a few days after they break all the way through.  Because of her RSV, she did end up losing some weight.  She's 14 pounds 6 ounces and 26 inches long.  I didn't get the percentages this time.  She did have to have some shots, which are never fun.  She's still doing great with her milestones.  The doctor still couldn't get over that she was pre-term.

I had big plans to start on the guest room today.  That didn't happen.  We have guests coming in two weeks, and I would love to at least have it painted by then.  I am going to work on the project in Monroe's this evening.  I better get started.  Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

No comments: