Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bring it on Kentucky!

Today was a very full day!  After Church, we headed to the Guyton's for lunch and ended up spending most of the afternoon there.  Then we met them at a park and we ended the night at Papas and Beer.  We pushed our luck a little with the restaurant because it was the kiddo's bedtime, but all of the girls did really well, although by the time we were leaving, they were all four falling apart at the seams.

It's pretty sad when a child openly admits that they are tired.  Rosie looked at me and said, "Mommy, I really want to go to sleep in my big girl bed.  I real sleepy."  I was planning on giving her a bath because she was filthy, but she started sobbing when I told her.  She said, "Please, let's have bath in the morning.  I just so tired."  We ended up giving her a "sponge bath" with wipes in her bed.  She seemed okay with that.  Kiki got a real bath and I fed her.  When I went to put her down, she grabbed her blanket and rolled right over.  I think she was asleep before I got out of the room.  Two tired little ladies.  We are so blessed.

Right now I am watching my husband totally losing his mind as he's watching the KU game.  I mean he is literally going nuts.  He's mumbling, sighing, huffing, puffing, raking his hands through his hair, pacing, crawling around, texting people, calling people, yelling, laughing, making weird noises that I don't know how to describe, there may even be some tears.  Right now he is laying on the coffee table.  There are 9.6 seconds left in the game.  We have the ball.  This is a big moment in our household.  Life will be pretty hard around here if we lose.  Prayers needed.

Okay, he just ripped his pants off.  Just ripped them right off.  He's freaking out.  They won and he is so happy.  Pure joy over here.  Thanks for the prayers:)  To the Championship we go!!!


No comments: