Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cracker Barrel, Anyone?

"Mom, let's go to Cracker Barrel!"  That's what I heard this morning while Rosie was eating her breakfast.  She's only been there once and it was a long time ago, so apparently it made quite an impact.  It was actually a very tempting proposal and it took everything in me not to skip Pilates and pack the girls up for some biscuits and shopping for nostalgic memorabilia.  Somehow, I was able to resist, although I'm pretty sure I'm going to dream about hash brown casserole tonight.  

While we are on the subject of Cracker Barrel, I would really like to know why more restaurants don't also have stores apart of them?!!!  It's a brilliant idea. Can you imagine all of the possibilities?!  My mind is going wild right now.      

In other news, Monroe is definitely my little mimic.  I heard her pretending to talk on the phone this afternoon and out of her mouth came, "Hey girl...sorry to bother you."  That's pretty much my opening line for most phone calls.  It's so funny to hear my little "mini" saying it, too!

It's been a good week so far.  Tuesday, I spent the day cleaning and organizing closets.  They had gotten OUT OF CONTROL, especially mine.  Mark had actually threatened (in a nice way) moving out of our closet last weekend because he was getting overwhelmed by my clutter, so I figured it was time.  Anyway, he's staying put and seems to be a much happier camper now.  That night we went on a little double date with the Nudd's.  It was so nice to get out of the house without our kiddos.  It had been so long since we had been able to do that.  What a treat!

On Wednesday, the Mother's Group at out Church had play group at the pool.  It was actually at the Nudd's neighborhood pool, the pool we are at about every other day!  We always have so much fun there, but it was extra fun with an even bigger group of friends.  Today, besides going to the gym, we've stuck pretty close to home.  It's so hot out!  I know it's nothing compared to some places, but it's the hottest it's been here!  It makes it hard to have energy to do anything.  Hopefully, the weekend will bring with it cooler weather.  TGI(almost)F!

 

No comments: