Monday, June 25, 2012

No Way, Rosay!

Sorry I've been missing in action lately.  You'd think that since I haven't updated in awhile that I would have a ton of great stories to share...well, you'd be wrong.   Nothing too exciting has been happening over here.  There were a lot of visits to the pool.  We went to the mall, which I don't do too often, so that was pretty fun.  Other than that, same old, same old.

We did have a relaxing weekend.  Well, relaxing apart from Church.  I had to lead the praise songs and it was terrifying.   I didn't realize it was going to be just me and this other fellow, but that's how it turned out.  If you know me, you know that no matter how many times I've been up front, it never gets easy for me.  I'm glad it's over and I don't have to do it again for awhile.  Hopefully, a long while.

Monroe has really been trying to flex her decision making muscles lately.  She wants to be independent and gets so frustrated when I have to reign her in.  I'm pretty much over the tantrums, to put it mildly.  I may have mentioned before, but I may or may not have been the queen of tantrums as a child, so I guess I deserve it, a couple times over.  I'm trying to find ways to let her feel empowered by letting her make some minor decisions, but it's definitely a work in progress.  Any sage parenting advice is welcome!

I really can't complain because although she can be a holy terror some moments, for the most part, she is super-duper adorably sweet.  Last week, she came into my room with two granola bars and said, "Here mommy, I got one for you, too."   My favorite thing she says right now is, "No way, Rosay".  I say, "No way, Jose'" to her a lot and I guess she thinks I'm just saying her name a weird way.  It cracks me up.

Kiki is still a bundle of energy.  She's very into books right now and loves to say her version, "boop".  She kept wanting to take this one book with her into her bed when she would go down for naps and I always obliged.  I was excited that she was loving books so much.  Well, that is until I went to get the book out of the bed the other day and it fell open to reveal that she had eaten all of the insides out of it.  She loves to eat anything, and apparently she's developed a taste for book.  I also found her in the pantry this weekend chowing down on an onion!  Yes, an onion...just eating it like an apple.

Today was my hard workout day.  I had pilates this morning and Zumba and yoga tonight.  I'm pretty beat right now.  Beat, and ravenously hungry.  We went to the pool earlier today and the sun and not much food is not a good combo.  I think I'm going to go make myself a ginormous little snack.  Good night!  

 






No comments: