Thursday, June 14, 2012

Everyday I'm Shuffling

Yesterday we spent our morning at the pool.  It was so fun, but I have to admit, it's pretty tiring getting the girls all ready, lunch packed and everything else packed up to get there.  It's worth it, though! The girls had a blast and slowly but surely, Rosie is getting more and more comfortable in the water.  The girls sleep so well after a day at the pool.  They both napped for three hours in the afternoon!

When our hubbies got home from work, Maria, Jackie and I went to get manicures and pedicures and then we were off to book club.  I didn't read the book...oops.  I tried, ladies, I tried.  I love books that hook me from the start and this one didn't come close to doing that.  Our friend, Renae, hosted this month and she served some delightful food.  She made bruschetta, caprese salad, veggie wraps, fruit pizza and a lemonade cake.  The bruschetta was so good and I really want to make some.  I'm definitely going to need to get her recipe. (Update: She just texted me the recipe so this will be on our menu this weekend).  We set out on her back porch that she has made into the most amazing outdoor space.  It was beautiful and and the evening was full of laughs.

I went a little crazy with my toenail color.  Monroe thinks it's the coolest thing ever.  She keeps telling me how beautiful she thinks they are.

Our book for next month is a book I've read before, but one I really need to read again.  It's The Proper Care and Feeding Of Husbands by Dr. Laura.  It's kind of a controversial one.  You either love it or hate it, but it was a life changing book for me, so I'm excited to read it again.   I wish I had read it before I got married.

Today, I went to pilates and our normal teacher was out sick.  The loveliest lady filled in for her.  She didn't seem like she was going to be as hard, but boy I am feeling it now!  The teacher started the class with the most sincere prayer and talked about God subtly throughout the class.  It was actually really refreshing.  It reminded me that you don't have to do much to share God's love and brighten someone's day.  I really need to strive more to do that for others.

So, if you've been following my weight loss journey, I thought I would update you.  I'm still in the thick of it.  I'm excited to say that I've lost 14 pounds so far.  I really thought my body would look dramatically different after losing that much, and I do notice that it's changed, but I've still got a ways to go and that's a little frustrating.  I am starting to feel like exercising is becoming part of my lifestyle, which is a welcome change.  I feel a lot better about myself when I make time for it.  I know I could be a lot more thoughtful about what I eat, but I hate counting calories.  I try to eat smart most of the time, but sometimes, I just go nuts.  I have to be able to do that sometimes to keep my sanity.  So anyway, I'm sticking with it--not giving up.  If you are still in the midst of your journey, keep your head up.

I think Kiki is either sick or going through a growth spurt.  She slept from when I got home from Pilates at 10:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.  When she woke up she was super clingy and I could hardly put her down.  She wasn't interested in solid food and nursed for at least 45 minutes.  She went back down a little after four.  Poor thing!  I hope she starts feeling better soon.  Here are a few pictures I took of her this morning.


Look at that hair!!!

About 5 months ago, my ipod shuffle disappeared.   I don't know if it was stolen or what, but it was nowhere to be found.  I was so disappointed because I used it when working out.  I really need music to keep me motivated while running.  So anyway, I decided to use my credit card rewards points to get a new one and it came today.  I'm really excited to start using it again.  The only reason I'm telling you this is because I want documentation for when my old one shows up.  I give it about a week for the other one to reappear.  What's your bet?  

 Exercise will now be fun again!!!

No comments: