Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What a Gem!

So just a typical day...breakfast, showers, cleaning, gem mining, lunch, naps.  Say what?  Yes, I said gem mining.  The mother's group at our church set up a little outing at Elijah Mountain Gem Mine in Hendersonville and since all of our kiddos are big into finding "treasures" we decided to give it a go.  It ended up being pretty cool.  


Sifting buckets of sand for "treasures"!
These are Rosie's gems.  At the end she started stuffing her bag full of gravel, so I'm 
not completely sure she understood the significance of the gems, but what can you do? 

After the fun of mining, we decided to go to Papas and Beer for lunch.  It was great as always, but Rosie was not so great.  She has started throwing little tantrums for no reason that leave me feeling so overwhelmed.  I have the hardest time knowing how to respond in public situations.  The afternoon didn't shape up too well either, so by the end of today I was pretty exhausted.  Some days are like that, I guess.  Let's just say I'm REALLY enjoying the peace and quiet of the girls sleeping.  Sorry to complain!  I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with my girls!  

I'll move on.  So, Mark and I are weird (you may have figured that one out already).  We find something we like to eat and end up making it for almost every meal for awhile.  I created a sandwich the other day and we haven't stopped having it since.  It is so yummy and so easy, so I thought I would share it with you.  I like to call it my Italian Basil Burger.  

Italian Basil Burger
What you need:

MorningStar Farms Tomato & Basil Pizza Burger


Ciabatta Rolls
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Tomatoes 
Fresh Spinach
Fresh basil 
Salt 

Directions:  
1)  Cook burger in either your microwave or in your toaster oven.  
2)  Toast the ciabatta roll.  I don't think you can beat a Ciabatta Roll.  They are so yummy!  When it's almost done toasting add a little shredded Mozzarella Cheese to one side of the roll.  
3) When done toasting, add butter to the other side of the roll (we aren't mayo people, but maybe you could add that instead).
4) Add remaining ingredients and enjoy.  
5)  Next time I think I might add pesto or marinara sauce.  That could really kick it up a notch! 

Hope you try it and enjoy it!    





No comments: