Monday, June 11, 2012

Party Time

Another weekend, come and gone.  They sure fly by and they are always pretty great.  Saturday was really nice.  We went to church and for the first time in a long time, we made it all the way through with out one of the girls breaking down.  I'm really glad we were able to stick it out, because the sermon was so good.  What a blessing!  

After church, we came home, had lunch and then headed to nap.  Ahhh, I love a good nap.  We went on a walk in the afternoon and then one of Mark's friends, Logan and his girlfriend, Meredith, came over to watch the Heat/Celtics game.  

We made something that I fell in LOVE with...Watermelon Limeades!  They were incredible.  I found the recipe on Pinterest, but we ended up changing it completely.  The next time we make it I'll be sure to snap a picture.  If you like watermelon (and even if you don't), I recommend it.  I'll work on getting a recipe on here soon.

On Sunday we watched the French Open while eating French toast, I ran some errands, did a little craft, "tried" trimming Rosie's hair, went to Zumba and then in the evening, we went over to the Nudd's to celebrate Bryn's second birthday!  

Rosie after her haircut.  Haircutting is definitely not one of my talents.  

Bryn is such a sweet little lady and her birthday party was so fun.  I had a blast taking pictures of the party.  All of the kiddos are so special and are so full of life.  Here are a few shots...  

The Birthday Girl
Allie Girl! 
One of two amazing cakes!
The little Cake Thief 
Mitchell Man 
Sweet Blythe
It's official...She's TWO! 
Caught in the act...We look away for one second and she has a whole scoop of ice cream in her hand.  This is the second time this has happened.   
Someone had their way with the cake:) 
Mommy Time
Rosie's favorite thing...Lip Gloss
What a beauty! 
Don't let that innocent look fool you:) 

I ended up making one of my favorite things to help decorate for the party...ruffled crepe paper!  It's the easiest thing, but is just so cute!  All you need is a sewing machine, crepe paper and some time.  Remember when I made it for Rosie's party last year?

 Rosie's 2nd birthday party!  Can't believe she's almost three!

The colors for Bryn's party were purple and white.  Very cute!


Before...
The finished product!  Isn't it so cute?!  I think it's a must at any little girls' party.  

No comments: