Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Visit from the Motorcycle Gang

We had a motorcycle gang stay at our home this weekend.  Yes, we entertain all kinds here.  Actually, Mike, Jimmy, Jake and his brother, John, were on a bike trip through the Blue Ridge Mountains and made a stop here.  We were so excited to see them. 

I told Rosie that they would be coming Friday and she talked about them all day long.  It was pretty cute.  They came in a few hours later than planned, but we let her stay up to see them because she was sooo excited for her "friends" to come.  She was glued to Uncle Mike as soon as he came in the door.


We made something that was pretty great on Friday evening and I thought I would share.  You've probably had Mexican Corn before, but we hadn't and really fell in love.  I forgot to take pictures but it was really great.  I think there are some different variations on the recipe, but the one we used went a little something like this...

1) Grill corn.
2) While the corn is grilling mix together 1/2 cup mayo, 1 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup cilantro.
3) When corn is finished, smother corn in mixture.
4) Squeeze limes over the corn.
5) Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
6) Sprinkle with chili powder.
7) Eat so many that you get sick.


I also whipped up my new favorite sweet drink...Watermelon Limeades!   To make these, just place about 2-3 cups of watermelon in your blender or vitamix.  Blend until liquefied.  Add 2/3 cup fresh squeezed lime juice, about 4 cups of Sprite and 1/4 cup of sugar.   Blend until mixed.  Pour over ice and garnish with lime.  So refreshing!


If it's wrong for a girl to love her backyard, than I don't wanna be right.  Here is a little bouquet I put together from some of the flowers growing back there.  I just love them. 


My blueberry bushes are going nuts!  I have more blueberries than I know what to do with!  I know that's a pretty great problem to have.  They taste AMAZING!


I know this is out of nowhere, but I had mentioned a while back that I had done a few new things in the living room/kitchen area.  It's not much, but I thought I would share.

I added this little table and lamp between the laundry room and the pantry.  
I like it much better than the ugly old trash can! 

I enlarged a few pics of the girls and put them over the sofa with a photo shelf.    

Anyway, back to our weekend.  It was a good one.  We had a great time with the guys.  The male bonding that was going on was over the top.  It was pretty fun to watch.  I have a sneaking suspicion that Mark is going to try and convince me to let him get a motorcycle pretty soon so he can join in on next year's trip.  It will be hard to say no to, I have to admit.  The theme for the weekend was eating.  This group of men devoured more McFarlan's donuts than I knew was humanly possible.  I tried a few new recipes out, which is never a good idea with company.   What was I thinking?!  I made homemade marinara and alfredo sauces and bruschetta.  Luckily, they turned out pretty good.  I also made my old favorite, Pizookie, and it went over great!  

The only person that didn't really enjoy the weekend was poor Kiki.  She's still a little under the weather and was more on the cranky side.  She woke up so many times last night, it was unheard of.  Today was a bit better, so hopefully we are on our way out of that.  I hope so, cause Mama needs her sleep! 

           
Look at all of that bonding happening.
 Brothers 
 The Gang (You gotta love Mark's bed head here)
 Heading out
Until Next Time 

I took a few pictures of the girls before church.  Well, I tried, but the only one that was cooperating was Rosie.  They, of course, were wearing matching dresses (yes, I'm that mom) so I was sad that Kiki wasn't interested.  Hopefully, I can get some cute ones the next time they wear them.  Mark took a few pictures of me, too.  Just so you know I actually exist, I thought I would show you one:)

My little model

The one and only shot of them together.
Just me.

Today has been a lovely Father's Day.  True to form, I couldn't contain my excitement and gave Mark his gift on Thursday.  We got him an ipad and he seems to really love it.  Today, we ate at Mark's favorite Indian restaurant and just spent some quality family time together.  I wanted to get some pictures of Mark with the girls, but when we got home everyone was exhausted and they didn't turn out.  It was worth the effort though, because I was able to capture Kiki's amazing hair day. 



After naps, the girls enjoyed some time coloring.  They play so well together.  I just love it!




HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, MARKY!  
He's wearing the shirt that he wore the day both girls were born.  
If you look carefully, you can see both girl's foot prints from right after they were born.  
Such an amazing daddy that guy! 

After a nice walk and baths, we put the girls to bed and are now watching Game Three in the NBA Finals.  I really "Thundered Up" tonight, so I'm counting on a big win!  


No comments: