Saturday, June 30, 2012

Our Food Lately

I'm sure you've all been dying to know what we've been eating around here lately.  Actually, I'm pretty certain you haven't, but I thought I would share anyway.  I've been trying out some new recipes and they've been pretty great.  

 This pasta recipe was given to me by a friend.  It was so good.  It's packed full of oven roasted tomatoes, garlic and asparagus.  Rosie ate two bowls! 

 This is Peach Cobbler with Almond Crunch.  It really hit the spot topped with vanilla ice cream.  I got the recipe here

For lunch today, we had spaghetti and homemade marinara sauce, sauteed spinach, kale chips and parmesan toast.  If you are looking for an easy, yet really great marinara sauce recipe, this is the one.  I popped it in the crock pot before I left for church and it was ready by the time we got home.  I added crushed red pepper, so it's a bit spicy, almost like an arribiata sauce.  You could always leave that out, if you aren't into spicy.  I found the recipe here


Tonight I made us a little snack that was so easy!  All you need is milk (I used almond milk), string cheese and bread crumbs.  I cut the string cheese into inch sized pieces.  I dunked them in the milk and then in bread crumbs.  I then baked them at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes.  They were perfect paired with the homemade marinara.   

No comments: