Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hotel Living

There's nothing better than waking up to a mug (or in my case a styrofoam cup) of hot choffee.  Yes, I said choffee.  It's my newest favorite thing.  I read about it on another blog and I just love it.  To have your own steaming cup, pour hot chocolate powder into a cup and add coffee instead of water.  I know... I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to my recipe complexity.  I actually went a little rogue and made a slight variation on the recipe and used decaf instead of regular, so I don't elongate my already sleepless nights.  If you are looking for a new exciting drink for your mornings, I would definitely give Choffee a try.

We got some pretty bad news yesterday.  The sellers are pushing back our close date a few days.  This means more time in the hotel:(.   It will also change our interest rate, as it is only locked in for 30 days.   This could mean its higher or lower.  We are praying for a lower rate!

This news didn't hit me very well.  This may come as a shock to you, but I haven't loved living in the hotel.  My goal was to make it until next Friday.  I kept pumping myself up about it and telling myself that I only had one more week.  Now they are tacking on 4 more days and that really screws up our whole plan.  We were going to use the weekend to get everything painted. Ugh.  If you haven't already, please send up a few prayers for the Murrill family.  This whole process is really testing our patience.  

I have to admit, there are a few good things about living in a hotel.  We do have maid service and free breakfasts.  But the very best thing about hotel living is our new friend, Ronnie.  He is the front desk guy.  I like to consider him our doorman.  He's taken a real interest in our little family and is just adorable.  He's in his early twenties and came to Asheville because of the openness of the community for him and his partner.  He always greets us and is so helpful.  This morning, Mark let me sleep in and took the girls to breakfast (because I was up sporadically from 2am am until 5 am with the Keekster ).  At 10am, I ran out to the breakfast area to get a spoon and I ran into Ronnie.  He mentioned how glad he was that I had gotten a chance to sleep in this morning.   Well, true to their word here at Mountain Inn, breakfast is over at 10 am and they had already put everything away, including the spoons.  I had to ask the breakfast lady if I could have one.  On my way back to my room, I ran into Ronnie again.  He realized that breakfast had been put away and whispered, if there is anything you want I can sneak and get it for you, no problem.  How sweet is he?!   He also gives us the best advice on finding great NC spots (waterfalls, hiking. etc.).  He knows the area well.  Every time we leave or come home (I can't believe I just typed home) and Ronnie is at the front desk, Monroe says, "How's it going, Ronnie?!".  He just eats it up.  So, yeah, there are some major perks with living here.

Monroe is going through a rough patch when it comes to acting up.  I think that the close quarters has affected us all.  She gets very frustrated, very easily.  She is constantly throwing little tiny tantrums, when I tell her not to do something.  I try and nip them in the bud right away with time outs, but I really don't think they are helping or making any kind of an impact.  Does anyone have any sage advice on what might work?  I know that having her own space again and a better sleep schedule (she hasn't been falling asleep until ten!).

Well, I better go and get this day started.  It may not seem it from this post, but I'm trying to remain very upbeat and positive.  The weather is AMAZING here, so we are going to try and get out.  Have a wonderful day!!

No comments: