Friday, October 14, 2011

House Confusion

I'm feeling pretty bad.  Poor Monroe will have been in 7 different houses/places to stay in less than a month.  I think she's getting pretty confused.  I'm sure she thinks that every place is home, and then we pack up and leave.  Hopefully this whole process hasn't completely scarred her.  At least we will be HOME soon!

Yesterday we went to some new friends house, the Wells, for dinner.  We met them when we came a few months ago, so it was fun to hang out with them again.  They live in the same neighborhood as the Nudd's and have three kiddos.  Monroe had a blast playing with their daughter (she's probably about 7).  They played dolls and she thought it was the best thing ever.  It was very cute to see her try and act like a "big girl".

Both of the kids did great last night.  It was so nice for them to have their own spaces.  The Nudd's ended up leaving this morning instead of last night.  It was nice because we got to spend a little quality time with them before they left.  We found out that they love the same show that Mark and I love, The Mentalist.  The title sounds like a weird show, but it is really quite good.  It was fun watching it with friends.

Today has been pretty low key.  Done a ton of laundry.  I will never take that for granted again.  I totally didn't realize how dirty two little girls can make clothes.  It is so nice to be able to just throw it in the wash. So thankful.

I hate that I am so bad at doing hair.  I can never make it look like it does the day I get it cut.  It just never looks the same.  It doesn't help that I have ZERO of the tools that she used to do it.  Everything is with my stuff in storage.  I don't have my round brush, my good blow dryer, root lifter, or my straightener.  Hopefully, I will get the hang of it soon.

I think I've decided that I want to start collecting vintage tea cups.  You may remember that I collect soup tureens, but they take up A LOT of space and I don't think I have room for any more.  I saw this picture (see below) and I fell in love.  Don't they have so much character?!  So far I don't even have one tea cup.  I better get started!


I think I am going to cook tonight!  I haven't cooked in FOREVER!  I've really missed it.  Mark said he was craving soup, so I need to figure out which one to make.  I also think I might make this...


Orange Spice Pumpkin Bread!  It is amazing.   A friend of ours made it the other night and I just love it.  The recipe is from Williams-Sonoma.  I really love Williams-Sonoma.  On my wish list right now from them is this.  It's a Vegetable Chop and Measurer.  It really is so helpful and works great.  I used one last weekend at a friends house and feel that it is a must for every kitchen.  If you hate chopping onions like I do, you need to get it.  



Well, I think I'm going to take a little nap.  Have a great afternoon.  Love to you all!

No comments: