Friday, October 28, 2011

Long time, no blog

Sorry for the lack of communication here.  Things have been pretty crazy and I have hardly been on the internet at all.  Not even Pinterest, and that's really saying something.

Just wanted to let you know that things are good and we are finally getting settled in our home!  I couldn't be happier.  We have also been treated with some visits from the fam.  Mark's parents were here this week, but left early this morning and my parents arrived this afternoon.  Yay!  I can honestly say that all of our visitors absolutely love North Carolina!  I, for one, agree.  So I would like to formally invite each of you to come see us!  I know you are going to LOVE it here.

I can't wait to show you pics of all of the projects I have been working on.  My biggest accomplishment from this week was painting and decorating our bedroom.  Before we moved, we decided it was time for new bedding.  I had gotten ours way back in Tulsa from West Elm and loved it, but it definitely needed to be retired.  My new color scheme for the bedroom is gray, white, and yellow.  We painted the room a light gray and I LOVE it!  (Don't worry, I had some help with the choosing.)   I guess any color would be better than the purple that was in the room when we got here.  

I also found the perfect bedding (duvet, sheets, pillows).  It looks shockingly similar to what I had before, duvet-wise, but it's white instead of natural.  It's very fresh and I absolutely love the new room.  The only problem is that I haven't been able to find ANY yellow accessories!  I have looked and looked.  I am really looking for a gray and yellow pillow and a yellow throw.  Please let me know if you see one.     Anyway, pictures are coming soon.

I feel like I have so much to share, but not enough hours in the day to blog about them!  Kuddos to you mamas who can make it happen.   I will be really trying to post more, I promise.

Here are a few pictures from this week.  We are vowing to take some pictures of my parents, too!






Well, sleep is calling my name.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Miss you!

No comments: