Sunday, February 26, 2012

Goodbye Weekend, please come back!

I swear, it's as if I just blinked and my weekend is almost over.  Boo!!!  I sure wish it was longer.  It was a good one though, and also pretty productive.

Friday started out beautiful, so we decided to go on a little picnic at the park.  We got all ready to head out and as I was putting the girls into the van, our beautiful day turned ugly and it started to rain.  Instead of a picnic, we went to Subway and had lunch.  By the time we finished eating, the rain had stopped and we were able to spend a little while at the park.  That is, until the rain came back.  It was fun while it lasted, though.
Brynn-Brynn and Rose...That's what they call each other.  

So while we were at the park, Maria pointed out the cutest mom that was super skinny.  I looked at her in all seriousness and said, "We will get there soon, girl!" I said it just as my hand was bringing a Twizzler to my mouth.  We both started dying laughing, but it really was an "Ah-ha" moment.  If I'm going to change my body, I'm going to have to change my choices.  Ever since "30" happened, I can no longer just depend on exercise to help me loose weight.  This week my goal is to really watch my food choices.  Yes, indeed.

On Friday evening, after dinner at the Nudd's, we came home to relax.  I started working on a project for Kiki's room.  I hope it works out.  If it does, I'll be sure to take pictures.  We also cut Mark's hair.  It was super long.  I'm definitely not very good at cutting hair, but I did my best.

Here are a few pics from Friday night...

Not the most flattering pics, but I haven't posted one of all of us in forever.   

My sweet girls
We took a few funny pics before we started cutting.  I thought this one was sweet of him.  
Boy, was his hair LONG! 

I didn't take Kiki to Sabbath School because I hated to get her around other kiddos. She's doing so much better, but I wanted to be safe.  Mark took Rosie though, and we came later for church.  That evening, after lunch and naps, we thought it would be fun to go to the Asheville Mall.  I guess there was some sort of memo sent out, because it seemed like everyone and their brother was there.  We never go though (because it's a bit of a drive), so it was a fun treat.

 Keek's and Daddy on Sabbath afternoon. 
 So sweet!
Chowing down on Sabbath lunch.  She ate steamed broccoli, sauteed spinach, bread and spaghetti with meatballs.  She's such a good eater these days!

Today, I ran and did a little more shopping.  I also worked out at the gym.  This afternoon I ended up doing something I have wanted to do for a very long time.  I painted Kiki's room.  Not the whole thing, just the brown accent wall.  I really hated that accent wall.  I say it was brown, but really it was more of a burnt sienna, which everyone knows is the worst color in the crayon box.  The other three walls are a light creamy yellow, so I thought it would be the easiest to paint that wall the same color.  It looks so much better and bigger.  We also hung her mobile, which has been on our list for months, as well.  I meant to get pictures but Kiki's sleeping in there right now, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

While on the subject of Kiki sleeping, when I went to get her up from her nap on Friday, this is what I found...


Not only did she take off her pants somehow, but she was trying to find a way out of there.  She's nuts, that kid, but I sure get a kick out of her!

No comments: