Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy half birthday, Keeks!

Ahhh, Friday!  I sure love me some Friday.   We love it when daddy gets home on Friday and we know we have him for the whole weekend.  Today, after Mark got home, we headed to Papas and Beer for some amazing Mexican food.  It didn't disappoint!  I usually get the same thing, avocado tacos, but this time I decided to branch out and I got potato flautas.  They were sooooo good!  I will definitely do them again sometime.  

After dinner, we headed to the Health Adventure at Rosie's request.  We had a good time.  She loves the rice table.  She could play there for hours.  Kiki even got into the fun.  She's getting so active.  She wants to play and kick and jump.  She amazes me every day. 

Earlier today, I went to my third installment of Yoga.  I think I'm hooked.  It is so relaxing and I feel myself getting stronger.  I actually think that it's helping my neck.  I think I mentioned before that breast-feeding was doing a number on it.  I am actually able to turn it all the way to the left again.  I wasn't able to do that just a few days ago, so that's a pretty exciting development.

Not much has been going on over here.  I'm sorry I'm so boring today!!  I wish I had a big project I could share with you, but sadly, I haven't been up to any.  My days have been spent organizing all of the girls' clothes.  That is a huge job!  They have more clothes than I know what to do with.  I hadn't been able to find the six month clothes bin and poor Kiki was having to wear quite a few outfits with "highwater" pants.  Pretty funny to see!  Luckily, I tracked it down and Kiki is looking lots more stylish.

That reminds me, today is Kiki's half birthday!!!  I cannot believe my little lady is six months old.  The time has FLOWN by.  It's been so fun being home with her throughout this time.  I feel sad when I think back and realize all of the time that I lost with Rosie while I was working and she was at daycare.  I feel so much gratitude to be able to experience every little giggle, grin and new adventure with Kiki.  It's been so fun.  I hate to admit it, but I think I was really in a fog during the time I was working after Monroe was born.  I wanted to be home with her so badly and it was overwhelming to me.  On the days I was working all I could think about was home and when I was at home I spent my time dreading going back to work.  I feel such a peace now.  I have such respect for working mommies out there.  You are amazing!  







No comments: