Saturday, February 4, 2012

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!

I know I said I love Fridays, but Saturdays are pretty great, too.  It's been a nice, relaxing day.  Well, I guess there was one intense moment.  We were getting ready to leave for Church... I was upstairs getting Kiki dressed and Mark was down with Rosie.  He ran upstairs to get something and when he came back down the front door was open and Rosie had found her way out the door and was headed toward the street.  I'm guessing she was put out with us for running late and thought she might try thumbing it to Sabbath School.  Well, her plan was foiled when daddy found her.  It was not only foiled, but Mark gave her a spanking.  This was the first spanking that Mark has ever given.  We aren't really spanking people, but this was a pretty big deal and we felt like we really needed to make an impression.  I think she got the severity of the situation.  It's pretty funny because every time she gets into trouble she always asks for her Bible.  It's hard not to have your heart melt a little when she pulls the Bible card.

The "Love Dare" for this week is kind of a fun one.  You are supposed to pick out a family project that you've been wanting to accomplish and do it together--making sure to build each other up during the process.  The only hard part about this dare is picking the project.  There are a lot of things we need to do, but we decided on finishing up the garage.  Yes, we still haven't finished that hot mess.  We will commence the project tomorrow.  I'll keep you updated on the progress.  Just so you know, this devotional book is really quite good.  I would recommend it.

As you all know, tomorrow is the Super Bowl.  Some friends are coming over and we are just going to keep it pretty low key.  I'm going to make some of my mom's amazing Chili...she doesn't know this, but I named it "Hot Mama Chili" in honor of her.  I'm also making a little appetizer recipe from my beautiful friend Nicole.  I've never made it myself, so I'm excited to see how it turns out.  A pizookie may or may not make an appearance at the event...

I spent quite awhile on the Tom's website tonight and I have to say, I LOVE their new ballet flats.  They are so cute.  I think that these two are my favorites...but sadly, they are backordered.



Well, I'm about to watch the Kansas vs. Missouri college basketball game with Mark.  It's a rival game, so it's kind of a big deal.  It's not a home game for us, so that makes it an even bigger nail-biter.  I better run and show my support.  Good night!

 

No comments: