Wednesday, May 16, 2012

BOOKS!

The sun has finally come out!  I can't wait for it to warm up a bit.  I'm ready for tank tops and shorts weather, big time!  I am so completely white, practically translucent, and I really need a little color on these gams.

We just got home from the library.  This was our first visit to our library.  I can't believe it's taken us this long to get over there.  It's pretty small, but they have a cute little kids area and both Monroe and McKinley seemed to really enjoy it.  Monroe really loved picking some books out to bring home.  In Chicago, I did most of the picking, so this was a fun change.  I'm not sure if she totally understands the whole "borrowing of books" concept yet, but I guess we'll find out in two weeks when we have to return them.

This morning, when I was dressing McKinley, Monroe came in and asked me where my clothes were.  I was still in my pj's and I told her that I hadn't picked out my clothes yet.  She said, "Sit right there, Mommy, I'll be right back."  She came back a few minutes later with a dress for me to wear.  She presented it very proudly and said, "Is this perfect or what?"  It actually was pretty perfect, expect that I wore it yesterday.  She's such a crack up!  

Like I mentioned last night, tonight is book club and I have a lot more reading to do.  I'm just about to put Monroe down for her nap and then I'm going to hit that book hard.  I hope I can get it done in time!  House cleaning will have to wait.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Hanne Noel said...

i want to know what you are reading!