Tuesday, May 8, 2012

LIFEGUARD!!!

Swimming is really, really, really hard.  How did I not know this?  Yesterday after Zumba, Maria and I decided to try swimming a few laps because our Yoga teacher is out of town for a few weeks.  I also wanted to start getting used to being in a bathing suit in front of people.  I have to work myself into it slowly.  I thought the hardest part would be getting into the cold water, but two laps in and I thought I was going to die...literally die.  I was huffing and puffing so hard.  There's a chance I might have a little brain damage now from lack of oxygen.  Luckily, I wasn't alone in my pain.  Maria told me she now understands how people drown. We ended up stopping at ten laps which isn't quite a third of a mile.  And last night, oh last night...I was in so much pain.  My arms were like noodles and ached so horribly.  I think we are going to need to make it part of our routine, because I definitely feel like it was working.

Things have been going pretty well over here.  Something came over me these last few days and I really wanted to do some changes in my living room/kitchen area.  We've had our couches/pillows/etc for many, many years and I just felt like it needed a little something new.  We did some rearranging and bought a few things and I'm feeling excited about the changes.  I'll have to get some pictures of everything.  They are pretty minor changes so it might be hard to even tell, but it was enough for me.

The girls are doing well.  Getting bigger by the day.  I can't get over how silly they are.  They are really starting to enjoy each other as friends and are beginning to actually play together which warms my heart more than anything else on earth!!!  This morning I found Rosie inside Kiki's crib with her and they were laughing it up and playing.  It was adorable.  

Tomorrow, weather permitting, we are headed to the Biltmore with Maria/kids and Elizabeth/kids.  We were there this weekend, but I can't get enough of that place.  Jackie and Alan are headed to Vegas this week (sans kids) for their ten year anniversary, so she won't be joining us.  So jealous!

Well, I'm going to sign off here.  Have a great night! 


No comments: