Sunday, May 20, 2012

Long Winded

Weekends sure fly by, don't they?  I hate that!  We had a fun/full one.  Before you read any further, please be warned that this post is pretty long.  I probably overdid it.  Bare with me!

Sabbath was pretty great.  The girls absolutely love Sabbath School.  I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but Rosie moved up to the next class, so she is no longer in the same room as Kiki.  I have to admit, I've been a little sad because I loved being able to be with the both of them.  Mark now takes Rosie and I take Kiki.

Kiki is at kind of a hard stage.  She wants to be moving at ALL times.  That being said, she does surprisingly well in her class.  She usually bobs to the music and loves all of the little props she gets to play with.  Her very favorite are the little babies.  One week she actually rocked the little baby!  She's a crack up!  Rosie, although initially very shy, has done great in her new room.  She loves getting snacks and doing a craft.  This was her craft from yesterday.  I just love it and to say she's proud of it would be an understatement.


We didn't stay for church because it was graduation weekend for Fletcher Academy and it was packed.  We came home and attempted to take some pictures of the girls in their matching dresses.  I always forget to get pictures of them in their church outfits.  Well, I either forget or one of them falls asleep and it just doesn't work out.  So it was pretty exciting when we arrived home and they were both awake and in pretty good moods.  Something happens though, when you bring out the camera.  Their sweet little smiles turn to frowns and there are bound to be some tears.  We weren't able to get very many good ones, but here are a few that made me smile...







After we all got changed and finished up making our portion of the meal, we loaded our stuff up and headed over to the Guyton's for lunch.  The food was amazing, as always.  After lunch, we went on a walk, then headed back to their house and hung out on their back porch to relax and chat.  The weather was great and it was such a lovely afternoon.  The girls all played and had a blast.  We soon got hungry again (imagine that) and we decided that the best place to remedy that would be where else, but...Papas and Beer! (Sorry Michelle and Stephen)  It didn't disappoint.  We were so exhausted when we got home, that after baths, the girls were out cold.  Mark and I soon followed.  

This morning the girls were up bright and early.  We did some cleaning/laundry/etc. and then ran a few errands.  We got a new propane tank for our grill, which I am completely ecstatic about.  I can't wait to start grilling again!  It's one of the best parts of summer to me.  After the errands, we made our way to the McCormick Baseball Field to watch the Asheville Tourists play the...well, I can't remember who they played.  Mark's hospital sponsored the game, so there were a ton of ParkRidge employees there.  We sat with the Guyton's and grazed on some fun game food.  The girls did pretty well, until around the fifth ending and then they completely lost it, so we decided to call it a day.  






It was too late when we got home to do naps, so we decided to let the girls play in a little pool in the backyard.  I stayed inside and worked on making baby food for Kiki.  I ended up making banana, banana-pear, and pear-spinach. She's never had spinach before, so I hope she likes it!  

   
Pool Time
 I kept the girls in regular diapers and boy did they expand.  That's one big booty! 
My fat bottomed girls!
Enjoying the sun!  I love this guy.

Remember how excited I was about our strawberry plants?  Well,  things just got even better!!!  We have these...

Blueberry bushes!  I can't wait for them to be ready.  This is the house that keeps on giving.

So, have you been curious if we've been using our vitamix?  Well, I can assure you, we have.   We've already used it five times today!  In fact, I just finished up a batch of salsa.  It's definitely been worth the investment.  I would recommend it to any and everyone! 

 Before
10 seconds after!  The perfect "smoobie" according to Rosie.  

Well, I hope you have had a wonderful weekend and that you didn't age too much while reading this.  I also hope your Monday isn't too stressful! 

No comments: